Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Civil War preview (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Civil War preview
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Should we just rename this the official "Civil War" thread? #1's out and ....

*no spoilers*... there's nothing really "new" here. We know from the preview what the big catalyst is and we basically know the government's response. The first issue sets us up and we already knew this. I was a bit surprised things have fallen apart so soon in terms of Cap, but I guess that's better than it building too slowly.

And is it me or does Daredevil look weird (and almost psychotic?)? What's with the coin? Maybe this is the fake DD that's been running around (although that negates my theory that the fake DD is Spidey).

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Should we just rename this the official "Civil War" thread? #1's out and ....

Actually, no. I'd rather not since this is a poll and should be 'unhooked' when it is over (I don't know what will happen with a poll that gets too many posts and I really don't want to find out). I started a thread about the Road to Civil War before this one but it didn't get much interest. We can use it or start an official one.

But was the issue worth picking up? I did not preorder this series after Crap of M. Burn me once, same on you...

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I'd say it was worth picking up if you're interested in the idea of the series and want to be complete. There's nothing really special about #1 in particular. Like I said, it sets up the circumstances of the mini which we've already been made aware of from previews and stuff.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
i liked it a little better than i thought i would, but still... you already know everything that happens in this ish, no surprises, as Drake said...

and a part of me doesn't really trust mark millar as a writer... several times i have read something he wrote that started out great, and then something happens to pull the rug out from underneath it, and i end up hating it.

so then why did i buy Civil War? couldn't tell ya... seemed like a good idea it the time.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.