Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » CONFESS! To your crimes against comics! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: CONFESS! To your crimes against comics!
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I also used to cut out the figures ... and play with them like action figures .. and I would draw over the scenes making up new scenes ... I remember Green Lantern used to get really butchered.

but this is way worse ....... I was over my friends house in junior high, watching tv, and i saw him cleaning out his nails with the edge of a comic book cover (gross!) I promptly asked him if i could have all his comic books, (he said i could have them before)

Now that I think about it, maybe I shouldn't have got them ... who knows what he did with them ! [Wink]

This is the one I saw him cleaning his nails on:

-

It's beautiful, and the story is great! Why would someone clean out their finger nails with this????

So ... maybe this isn't real a *crime* story but more more of a *rescue* story. oopsie.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL] That's hysterical!

I too used to do the paper-dolls/action figurey thing with images cut from my comics. I could just kick myself!

Im assuming Freida Fingernails ended up gay... no straight little boy cares if his nails are dirty... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I have ripped back covers off. Tore out ad pages and thrown out unwanted second stories. Then had them turned into Hardcover books.

A crime to some...an awesome way to read comics for me.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I did make a couple of paper hats from comics. I did use quarter box comics though.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I accidently dropped a Mister Miracle comic in the toilet once.

I ordered things from comics - Grit, Seed and card selling kits, subscriptions. I always cut out the order form from the actual comic.

I filled out those Answer Man/Daily Planet crossword puzzles in ink. (Looking back, my handwriting was really bad).

I hung comic books on a cork bulletin board - poster style - using thumb tacks.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
GASPPPP!

I am reminded... I recently placed a used tissue on top of a comic... that didn't end well!

Fortunately it was the DC New 52 promo giveaway comic!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Carbon paper...lots of carbon paper. Copied my favorite Legion drawings from the Earthwar saga. Since replaced those copies a long time ago.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
I accidently dropped a Mister Miracle comic in the toilet once.

So, so many jokes here.
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
I have ripped back covers off. Tore out ad pages and thrown out unwanted second stories. Then had them turned into Hardcover books.

A crime to some...an awesome way to read comics for me.

I've certainly wanted to rip out those second advertisement stories or the huge multi-page ads with super heroes pimping productS. I hated buying a thick comic and then when i get home its not extra story but pages of extra advertisement!!!!!

Power Boy SMASH!!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
GASPPPP!

I am reminded... I recently placed a used tissue on top of a comic... that didn't end well!

Fortunately it was the DC New 52 promo giveaway comic!

I will not ask how this tissue was *used*. neither will anyone else.
Dev - Em
KIA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peebs...you are almost too close to asking there!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
[LOL] That's hysterical!

I too used to do the paper-dolls/action figurey thing with images cut from my comics. I could just kick myself!

Im assuming Freida Fingernails ended up gay... no straight little boy cares if his nails are dirty... [Big Grin]

He turned out to be straight ... [shrug]
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I think my worst crime, because of quantity of crime not quality, is i never bag and board my comics. I just pile them high on a book shelf ... which leads to some minor bending ....

I have most in boxes, but again not with bags and boards, so there might be some lean and bending. Also, the boxes are just stacked on top of each other ...

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
If not bagging and boarding is a crime, then I've been guilty for 40 years. I just keep mine in boxes and 97% look good as new. The other 3% were from my younger days when I had more time to reread comics.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Over the years there have been some incidents where the tape on the plastic (for bagging) rips up the cover a little bit. There is only one notable one though, a crime I committed at age 16 or so: I screwed up the cover of a newly purchased Giant Sized X-Men #1.

I can't even bring myself to reread it, the memory is too painful. I felt guilty for weeks and weeks.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.