Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » King/Marvel = Dark Tower Series (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: King/Marvel = Dark Tower Series
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So really this is a licensing deal? Marvel is adapting King's series, with his approval, and expanding on it?
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's my understanding and what Peter David hinted at in his blog yesterday after the announcement.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Apparently, it's new stories sketched out by King and hammered into workable form by Joe Q, PAD and the "continuity woman" for the DT series, Robin Firth.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So why not just be upfront and clear about it in all their press releases? JoeyQ has to make it sound like the second coming or something.

"Marvel is proud to announce we are working with Stephen King to produce a comic based on his Dark Tower series. We've licensed the property for adaptation and the creative teams will work closely with King to insure cohesiveness with his work and intellectual property."

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So, did anyone start picking this up? I have the first couple of issues (#3 comes out tomorrow) but haven't read them yet. The art looks great but I want some uninterrupted time to spend reading the story.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I [Love] Jae Lee... I'm WFTT-- for that uninterrupted reading experience you want. [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I'll probably buy the trade too. I need help. [Smile]
Pov

Marvel will probably solicit the HC the same month as #6, and DCBS'll probably run a 50% special on it. That'll help. [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I know people who don't collect comics and don't even realize I do collect them that are talking about this and buying it, so that's always good.

I haven't picked any issues up yet. I'm wondering if I should buy them now or wait for the trade. I'm already so stretched thin as it is by Marvel & DC alone (and starting to wonder why I even bother).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Time for a cull of the herd, Cobie! Drop that deadwood that's dragging on your soul (and wallet! [Poverty Lad] [Big Grin] )

And King's a book author-- I don't think he'd think less of you waiting for this in hardcover... [Wink]

--------------------

Pov

Heading Marvel's solicits for November:

DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER BORN PREMIERE HC
Written by PETER DAVID & ROBIN FURTH
Penciled by JAE LEE & RICHARD ISANOVE
Cover by JAE LEE & RICHARD ISANOVE
“The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.” With those words, millions of readers were introduced to Stephen King’s Roland — an implacable gunslinger in search of the enigmatic Dark Tower, powering his way through a dangerous land filled with ancient technology and deadly magic. Now, in a comic book personally overseen by King himself, Roland’s past is revealed! Sumptuously drawn by Jae Lee and Richard Isanove, adapted by long-time Stephen King expert, Robin Furth (author of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower: A Concordance), and scripted by New York Times Bestseller Peter David, this series delves in depth into Roland’s origins — the perfect introduction to this incredibly realized world; while long-time fans will thrill to adventures merely hinted at in the novels. Be there for the very beginning of a modern classic of fantasy literature! Collecting DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER BORN #1-7.
232 PGS./Parental Advisory …$24.99

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I might get the hardcover. I recently read books #1-4 and have completley in love with the series. Books #5-7 are on my must buy list right now and I'll hopefully be getting them shortly.

I'm more excited about this than most things out right now!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Newsarama article: DARK TOWER HC Gets NY Times Ad

Click for fullsize image

Pov

Wow. I just started the hardcover collection. Beautiful art, engrossing story. I'm torn between wanting to keep reading and being afraid I'll miss story points if I don't put it down for the night, and pick it back up with fresh eyes tomorrow. Great stuff. [Cool]

--------------------

Pov

The next chapter of the Dark Tower comics --The Long Way Home-- starts up with #1 scheduled to hit stores on March 5th.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.