Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Death Count (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Death Count
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
[qb]The various Manhunters were killed in "Manhunter" over the last several months.

Do we consdier these deaths to be Identity Crisis/Infinite Crisis related?
I do, mostly because the entire Manhunter backstory is retconned in this storyline. Plus, I believe the OMACs show up.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
what about Scarecrow? I thought he was "perished" alongside Ragdoll by Parademon's explosion in VU#6?

Ratcatcher's real name is Otis Flannegan.

Shazam is the one who was killed by the Spectre.

Eclipso's status is unknown as she was transported to the orbit of the Sun by Nightshade.

Dr. Light II and Fire's status are unknown or maybe can say "out of action".

my wishlist: the deaths of the original Dr. Light, Dr. Psycho, and Psimon.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
[qb]The various Manhunters were killed in "Manhunter" over the last several months.

Do we consdier these deaths to be Identity Crisis/Infinite Crisis related?
I missed the issue that explained it all, but it did tie into OMAC and the nannites and stuff somehow (Mark Shaw was infected and controlled by them).

[ October 13, 2005, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
PHANTOM LADY's real name is Delilah (Dee) Tyler.

It's DOCTOR POLARIS and he's the original.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
What was Dee's connection to Rex Tyler and to Sandra Knight (if any)?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
So, anyone have a list of which Manhunters were killed, how they died, and the issue number(s) they bought it in?
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge Ultra Jorge has just turned 42
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Who the heck is Rat Catcher???
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
RatCatcher is Batman's foe (and then Robin's foe) during No Man's Land, as if I recall correctly. He's like a Pied Piper...on a bad side.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
First Appearance: Detective Comics #585 (April 1988)

A former rat catcher for the Gotham Sanitation Department, Otis Flannegan spent a decade in jail following a violent street brawl. On his release, he captured various officials connected with his jail sentence and held them in the sewer system. He was discovered five years later by the police and the Batman, who, after encountering Flannegan's army of rats, was able to save some of Flannegan's prisoners. The Ratcatcher is a disturbed man who has been incarcerated in Arkham Asylum. Most recently, he appeared in Metropolis, attacking friends of Clark Kent.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
He must be a relatively new addition, i didnt see his entry in any of the later post-CRISIS Who's Whos...
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

actually he appeared in who's who 3-hole pages...you know? the one that you get to insert the who's who page into the binder?
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

I do, thanks Superboy...My memory's not as good as it was, tho... [sigh]
Ultra Jorge Ultra Jorge has just turned 42
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Darn, I have most Detective Comics from that time period. I haven't read my Batman comics...well since then. Thanks guys. I probably have that issue.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
Booster Gold's real name is Michael Carter.

Damage's real name is Grant Emerson.

Fire's full name is Beatriz Da Costa.

Dr. Light II name is Dr. Kimyo Hoshi.

Robin II is now known as the Red Hood II. (The first Red Hood was ironically, the Joker)

Firestorm was impaled using the Shining Knight's sword... but I don't remember how that happened. I'm thinking it was in IC#6

[ October 14, 2005, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: Doc Nimbus ]

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
DEAD HEROES
BLACK CONDOR II (Unknown) (Blasted through chest by Sinestro in Infinite Crisis (IC) #1)
BLUE BEETLE II (Ted Kord) (Shot in the head by Maxwell Lord in Countdown to Infinite Crisis (C2IC) #1)
FIRESTORM (Ronnie Raymond) (Stabbed by Shadow-Thief with the Shining Knight’s sword, flies into upper atmosphere and explodes in Identity Crisis #5)
HAWKWOMAN (Shayera Thal) (Killed by an energy blast from Blackfire in Rann-Thanagar War (RTW) #5)
HUMAN BOMB (Roy Lincoln) (Bludgeoned to death by Bizarro in IC #1)
PARIAH (Kell) (Shot by Lex Luthor in Villians United (VU) #6)
PHANTOM LADY II (Delilah "Dee" Tyler) (Skewered through chest by Deathstroke in IC #1)
SHAZAM (aka the Wizard) (Killed by the Spectre in Days of Vengeance (DOV) #6)
ROCKET RED (Dmitri Dmitriyevich Puskin) (Blows himself up to destroy three OMACs. - THE OMAC PROJECT #5)
DARKSTARS (Ferrin Colos, Munchukk, and Chaser Bron) (All killed by the Starbreaker – ADAM STRANGE #8)
SPARTA (None) (Killed in battle. – DC SPECIAL: THE RETURN OF DONNA TROY #1)
MANHUNTER (Dan Richards) (Hung by Dumas [Mark Shaw controlled by OMAC] . – MANHUNTER #8)
MANHUNTER (Chase Lawler) (Throat cut by Dumas [Mark Shaw controlled by OMAC]. – MANHUNTER #10)
MANHUNTER (Kirk DePaul) (Head cut off by Dumas [Mark Shaw controlled by OMAC]. – MANHUNTER #11)
INDIGO (Brainiac 8.0) (Mercifully killed by Shift – OUTSIDERS #25)

DEAD VILLIANS
CAPTAIN BOOMERANG (George “Digger” Harkness) (Shot by Jack Drake, father of Robin III, in Identity Crisis #5)
CRIME DOCTOR (Dr. Bradford Thorne) (Beaten to death by Catman in VU #3)
DOCTOR POLARIS (Dr. Neal Emerson) (Blown up by Human Bomb in IC #1)
FASTBALL (John Malone) (Neck broken by an OMAC. – THE OMAC PROJECT #6)
FIREFLY II (Garfield Lyons) (Burned to death by an OMAC. – THE OMAC PROJECT #6)
THE FIDDLER (Isaac Bowin) (Shot by Deadshot in VU #1)
HYENA II (Jivan Shi) (Shot by Deadshot in VU #3)

MAXWELL LORD (Neck broken by Wonder Woman. – WONDER WOMAN #219)
OVERTHROW (Arnold Daniel Beck) (sliced in half by OMAC. – THE OMAC PROJECT #2)
PARADEMON (name?) (Blew himself up in VU #6)
QUEEN BEE II (Zazzala) (Arm blown off in VU #5, Killed in an explosion. – FIRESTORM #17)
RATCATCHER (Otis Flannegan) (Vaporized by an OMAC in IC #1)
DEMOLITION TEAM (Rosie, Hardhat, Jackhammer, Scoopshovel, & Steamroller) (Killed by OMAC. – THE OMAC PROJECT #6)
BRAINIAC 8.0 (Indigo – Outsiders) (Mercifully killed by Shift – OUTSIDERS #25)
ATOMIC SKULL (Joeseph Martin) (Shot in head by Soldier of Maximum and exploded. SUPERMAN/BATMAN #21)
PARASITE (Alex Allston) (Neutralized by an OMAC [Superman declares him dead] in ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #641)
POISON IVY (Pamela Isley) (Died attempting to restore her plant powers. Tombstone shown. - BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS #65)
FLORONIC MAN (Jason Woodrue) (Shot in the forehead. - BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS #65)
BLACK BISON (John Ravenhair) (Killed by the Spectre. – DAY OF VENGEANCE #1)
HYPERION (Consumed by a Sun-Eater. - DC SPECIAL: THE RETURN OF DONNA TROY #4[/I])
THIA (Consumed by a Sun-Eater. - DC SPECIAL: THE RETURN OF DONNA TROY #4[/I])
SYONIDE (Unknown)(Killed in an explosion. – FIRESTORM #17)
PARASITE (Alexandra Allston)(Killed in an explosion. – FIRESTORM #17)
MONOCLE (Jonathan Cheval) (Manhunter throws arrow into his monocle blowing his head off. – MANHUNTER #9)

DEAD CIVILIANS
SUE DIBNEY (Killed by Jean Loring in IDC #1, who takes ones of the Atom's pwer belts and tromps around inside Sue's brain in an attempt to make the Atom fall back in love with her.)
JACK DRAKE (Father of Robin III, stabbed through heart by Captain Boomerang in IDC #?)

STATUS UNKNOWN
THE ATOM II (Ray Palmer) (Disappears after IDC #7)
BOOSTER GOLD (Michael Carter) (Retires following C2IC #1)
CHESHIRE (Jade) (Shot by Deathstroke in VU #6, unconfirmed if killed)
DAMAGE (Grant Emerson) (Pummeled and blown up by Zoom in IC #1, but comments by Dan Didio indicate will not die)
DR. LIGHT II (Dr. Kimiyo Hoshi) (Powers stripped of her and left in critical condition by Dr. Light I. – GREEN ARROW #54)

ECLIPSO III (Jean Loring) (transported to the orbit of the Sun by Nightshade in DOV #6, unknown if perished.)
FIRE (Beatriz "Bea" Bonilla Da Costa) (back blasted off by OMAC. – THE OMAC PROJECT #5)
MARTAIN MANHUNTER (J'Onn J'Onzz) (Apparently in JLA Watchtower when it was blown up in ?. JLA #120 intimates that he now exists in an incorperal form.)
RAGDOLL (Peter Merkel) (Appears to have been killed by Parademon in VU #6)
SCARECROW (Jonathon Crane) (Appears to have been killed by Parademon in VU#6)

UNCLE SAM (no other name) (gang beaten by the Secret Society in IC #1, but supposedly immortal status leaves actual death in question.)
SUPERMEN OF AMERICA (Brahma, Outburst, Loser, White Lotus, & Pyrogen) (Listed at being 67.89% terminated by OMACs. – THE OMAC PROJECT #6)
ERADICATOR (Dr. David Connor) (Put in coma and maybe even dying by OMAC. SUPERMAN #220]
BUG (Bernard “Barney” Bonner) (Fate unknown. Shown slumped over with Deathstroke in room. – VILLAINS UNITED #1)
BYTE (Blythe Bonner) (Fate unknown. Knife to throat by Deathstroke. – VILLAINS UNITED #1)
AURA (Lindsay Wah – SUPERBOY & THE RAVERS) (Repulse, a figment of Dr. Polaris’ imagination and fragmented mind in the form of his abusive aunt, crashes a helicopter on top of her. Dr. Polaris later says “She [Repulse] nearly Killed Aura.” – ACTION COMICS #827)
SATANUS (Colin Thorton) (Unknown. Spectre claims him. Superman doesn’t know his fate and doesn’t want to know it. – ACTION COMICS #832)
GEIST (Unknown) (Crushed to death by Koryak after turning into an OMAC? – AQUAMAN #35)

TRANSFORMED HEROES
ROBIN II (Jason Todd) (Revealed to be the villian named ? in Bat-book #?)
POWER GIRL (Karen Starr) (Origin thrown into doubt by events of JSA:Classified (JSAC) #1-4)
TROIA (Donna Troy) (Given Habinger's Orb and knowledge of the multiverse, including all of her incanations, some of which explain her various past suposed origins. Revealed that in her one of her Earth-7 Dark Angel form, she was a Harbinger for the Monitor.)
MADAME XANADU (No Alias) (Blinded by the Spectre. – DAY OF VENGEANCE #2)

TRANSFORMED VILLIANS
MAXWELL LORD (Retconned in IDC #1 to have never been a Cyborg.)
CAPTAIN NAZI (Albrecht Krieger) (Possibly blinded by Catman. – VILLAINS UNITED #3)
FATALITY (Yrra Cynril) (Right ear chewed off by Scandal. – VILLAINS UNITED #3)
MONSIEUR MALLAH (Right ear cut off by Cheshire. – VILLAINS UNITED #4)

TRANSFORMED CIVILIANS
JEAN LORING (Goes insane in IDI #1-7 and becomes Eclipso III in JSA #?)

HEROES REBORN/RETURNED
ALEXANDER LUTHOR (of Earth-3) (Returns from Limbo in IC #1)
TROIA (Donna Troy) (Revealed to have been wisked to New Chonos before supposed death in DC Special: The Return of Donna Troy (RDT) #1
LOIS LANE (of Earth-2) (Returns from Limbo in IC #1)
ROBIN II (Jason Todd) (Revealed to be alive as the villian named Red Hood II in BATMAN #641)
SUPERBOY (Kal-El of Earth-Prime) (Returns from Limbo in IC #1)
SUPERGIRL (Kara Zor-El) (Character reintroduced into current DCU in Superman/Batman (S/B #13)
SUPERMAN (Kal-L of Earth-2) (Returns from Limbo in IC #1)

NEW VILLIANS
CAPTAIN BOOMERANG II (Owen Mercer) (The son of Captain Boomerang and Meloni Thawne, introduced in IDC#1 and takes on the villianous mantle of his father in IDC #7)

[EDIT: Sorry, just saw Doc Nimbus' post above. I was composing this when it was made.]

[ October 14, 2005, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.