Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Vigilante (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Vigilante
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
come to think that I would like to add Red Tornado to the suspects list since I keep thinking that Red T was created by Ivo and it is possible that Ivo might have put some spy capsule or camera inside Red T's body that Red T may not be aware of it???
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
I have been doing some investigating through the DC Wiki and Encyclopedia....I make the list of suspects who could be a traitor:

Red Arrow (connection to Cheshire)
Miss Martian (who knows? sometimes Innocent and quiet can turn out to be a traitor...?)
Major Disaster (too bad he's deceased)
Ravager
one of the Checkmate - Count Vertigo, Thinker
Amanda Waller
Bronze Tiger
Catman
Black Lightning
Risk
Batgirl

any more suspects?

Who's Ravager?

I certainly hope that the traitor turns out to be someone surprising, not someone who's already considered borderline. (that said, I also hope that the revelation makes sense and isn't just a matter or making someone a bad guy solely for shock value)

Hey, where's Jack Knight been lately anyway?? [Wink] (no I doubt it's him. I still like my Plastic Man guess, despite the odds being very much against it)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Ravager, the estranged daughter of Terminator....now a member of Titans.

Jack Knight - I doubt it somehow since he has a descendent who will become bad - Farris Knight. so I d cross him out from the list.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget the Countdown pick with Martian Manhunter....

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Solits for the new "Vigilante" series are out!

VIGILANTE #1
Written by Marv Wolfman
Art by Rick Leonardi
Cover by Walter Simonson
Variant cover by Andrew Robinson
In New York City, crime is on the rise, and terror fills the streets. Gang warfare is escalating, and metahumans are being drafted into battle. Through the corruption and lawlessness, one man emerges to right the wrongs as only he can. So when a Super Hero conspiracy plot is brought to light, the Vigilante returns to find the traitor and mete out his own brand of justice – with extreme prejudice! Join us as writer Marv Wolfman (NEW TEEN TITANS, CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS) continues the street-level adventures of the mysterious new crime fighter he introduced in the pages of NIGHTWING.
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 10 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Walter Simonson), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Andrew Robinson). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale December 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Article about the upcoming "Vigilante" series:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/110810-Vigilante.html

I know this ties into that "DCU Decisions" mini, but I didn't read it. Does anyone know what the deal was with the election?

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Nope. [No] Avoided it like the plague. I read comics to get away from politics. [LOL]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

now makes me wonder how many traitors does the Titan actually have? Recently Jericho was a bad guy in the mini-series - Decisions. Now this? who? raven? too obvious. Changeling? maybe. Red Arrow? due to his background in CIA, maybe. Nightwing, too obvious for a reverse psychology. Wonder Girl Donna Troy? supposed to stay dead forever and someone impersonates her? geez...poor Titans - too many deaths and too many traitors. [Frown]
DrakeB3004

Anyone read the first issue?

Random thoughts:
- Nothing against Leonardi, but I don't think his style works for this book. I also really don't like how he draws Vig - especially the helmet!
- I'm surprised that Vig's identity isn't more interesting. It seemed like some kind of secret when he was in "Nightwing", but here it's like, "Oh, he's some guy." Maybe there will be more later, but at this point, I'm wishing he was the guy from the "Vigilante" mini. I also wish he didn't look so much like Frank Castle.
- Speaking of, I wonder when we'll get an origin story about the new Vig. It seems necessary for us to care about him.
- The thing I do find interesting is the fact that he's undercover as a goon. I hope Wolfman is up to the task of presenting this (under)world, because the premise is intriguing. (although I think he needs a better excuse than, "Oh, I just happened to have to go to the can two seconds before the Vigilante showed up." )

DrakeB3004

So, we have our Nightwing guest appearance to lead us into the big Titans crossover. It reminded me a lot of 90's interaction between Daredevil and The Punisher, where Punisher would talk down to DD and DD wouldn't seem as effective as Punisher becuase he wasn't as ruthless.

Leonardi's style and depiction of Vigilante is starting to bother me. It just seems so hum-drum compared to how he's been depicted before and even on the covers. (except the current one) I think this book needs someone more realistic and who can convey a darker tone.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.