Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » DC Going Essential - Showcase Presents B&W Collections (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: DC Going Essential - Showcase Presents B&W Collections
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Metal Men.

I don't know who would have the rights to it, but I'd love to see Millie the Model again. *blush*

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
I could be wrong, Fat Cramer, but i think Millie the Model was either the property of Marvel (coz it states that Hellcat (Patsy Walker) used to have her own series and that she and Millie were pals) or Archie coz the artist Dan DeCarlo did Millie and co as well.
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Millie the Model is a Marvel property. They did a mini-series in the 80s about her niece, Misty. I believe Millie might have even made a couple of cameos in their superhero books, too.

DC Showcase Volumes I want to see:

The Jim Shooter/Curt Swan LSH stories.

The Phantom Stranger and Spectre series that Jim Aparo drew.

The Aquaman stories drawn by Nick Cardy and Aparo.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
Millie the Model is a Marvel property. They did a mini-series in the 80s about her niece, Misty. I believe Millie might have even made a couple of cameos in their superhero books, too.

Millie shows up in at least one issue of DEFENDERS, where we find out she runs her own modeling agency.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
All-Star Comics - 70s run [/QB]
I'd like to second that, and add the '70s run of Adventure which the JSA stories continued into.

I'd like to see a lot of the Silver Age stuff collected into this format. I got a chance to read (parts of) most of them in my old boss' Archive Editions (good old DC comp box). I was surprised that I really had a hard time sitting through a few of them, even though I really wanted to like them... they just read so dry. Even characters I loved with artists I love, like Hawkman and the Atom... I just found that a little bit went a long way, sometimes (meanwhile, I found I loved Cole's Plastic Man way more than I ever thought I would). But I still would like to have them in some format.

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
The Weird books (Weird War Tales, Weird Western Tales, Weird Worlds)
I don't believe that DC could reprint Weird Worlds because they don't have the ERB rights any more. Unless you're talking about Chakin's Iron Wolf.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
i second METAL MEN, SUGAR n' SPIKE (I can't believe they are not a big screen movie yet, at least on Cartoon Network), and LOIS LANE (love the rivalry with Lana, and the transformation issues).
also SUPERGIRL; the Charlton heroes; Challengers of the Unknown. Adam Strange. Atomic Knights. (Love those silver age takes on the future.)

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I GOT MINE TODAY!

Looks great. The covers to Jonah Hex, JLA, Metamorpo and Green Lantern are on the back.

I think I'll get the Metamorpho one.

WISH LIST:

Jimmy Olsen

Lois Lane, DAMN IT!

An all-funky 70s with Freedom Fighters, Secret Society of Super-Villains and Teen Titans in one edition!

Sugar and Spike

70s JSA (All-Star + Adventure)

AMBUSH BUG!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I would add SEA DEVILS to my list, but I'd rather have that in a full-color archive.

I wasn't sold right off on the SUPERMAN today, but when I picked it up at the CBS, the first thing I saw when I opened it was a cover featuring THE SUPERMAN OF THE FUTURE. Apparently, the Superman of the future will have a giant, oversized butt-cracked cranium. I knew then that I had to have this.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I got my copies in my delivery this week (2 of each since they dropped the price and I got 50% off, present for a friend). I love this idea still and have preordered each of the other ones that have been solicited. As long as DCBS continues to offer them at a 50% discount I'll keep ordering them. I can always donate them to the children's hospital if I don't like a particular issue.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:

Millie shows up in at least one issue of DEFENDERS, where we find out she runs her own modeling agency.
Millie the Model was also a guest at Reed and Sue's wedding!

(Love that issue!)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You guys have listed a ton of greats that I'd love to see. Some runs that my family didn't buy the originals in the 50's/60's that I'd love to see:

House of Secrets
House of Mystery
Star-Spangled War Comics
All-American Western Comics
Tales of the Unexpected (featuring Space Ranger)
Strange Adventures (featuring Captain Comet)

Agree with Lash about the beautiful Sea Devils covers.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been devouring the GL book (with my CBS employee discount it was only 5 bucks! Penny a page!) GL was another early favorite of mine and I love getting to see some of the earliest adventures.

And after reading these, I defy anyone to tell me that Marvel was producing better comics in those days.

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I want to see the following...

The Flash

All Star Comics - The original through the Adventure run.

Original Teen Titans

[ October 16, 2005, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: The Walking Dev ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

[sigh]

I miss the days when Batman would hide out inside the giant key Superman used to open his Fortress of Solitude, all in order to play pranks on him.

Never mind that the death rate in Gotham no doubt tripled as the Joker ran amok during the days Batman spent playing this elaborate prank.

Also, I want to see the return of those guys from the 50th century who could take control of Superman's mind and force him to run their errands.

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.