Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Slott Exclusive To Marvel (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Slott Exclusive To Marvel
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Ya know, i do think it kinda funny that Marvel has no forum anymore, if it ever did. In the day and age of computers, i guess you could call it the silicon age, they seem to be much farther behind the times than venerable old DC.

I would love chance to show them that not all fans are quivering fanboys over some of their "favored" writers and artists.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
They -DO- have a board... It's called Other DC Universe Topics... [LOL]

Cheap bastards would just rather have their fans use other companies' bandwidth to discuss their books. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm a major Slott fanboy as well cause it's not just mindless comedy...there is a good story in there as well. [Wink] He's already used Julia Carpenter and now El Aguila over in GLA...I told him if he does that I will buy anything he does so I obliged.

As for the top tier character? A Spider-Man title comes to mind. Since Spidey has so many he can jump on. [Smile] Or he can do a Spidey mini.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Slott one of the Spidey books (which haven't been up to par for quality lately IMO) would make this mega-Spider-Man fan a very happy camper!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone see the news as to Slott's major character ongoing series?

It’s the Thing! And you know, I think this is going to be pretty cool! Slott on the Thing might actually be the perfect fit for him…and will definitely go in the tradition of She-Hulk and Spidey/Torch.

The Thing is actually one of my favorite Marvel characters, and I don’t think he gets nearly enough attention as it is. I mean, he used to be Marvel’s most popular character along with Spider-Man for like two decades! I wouldn’t mind seeing him go back to at least being one of the most popular.

And Slott writing almost guarantees good story-telling, lots of comedy and a love for science-fiction/silver age goofiness. I think Marvel found a good fit for this one.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Maybe they'll bring in the Thing Ring from the old cartoon!

Teen Ben Grimm turns his magic ring while chanting "Thing Ring, Do Your THING!"

It'd fit right in with the Marvel Next line... [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
THE THING? Top-tier at Marvel?
Longtime star of the Fantastic 4, star of his own team-up mag, had his own solo series before. Had his own MEGO action figure!

Top-tier? Yeah, I think so!

And an EXCELLENT CHOICE for Slott!

I am SOOOOOOOOOO relieved!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

I'm honestly just glad it's not another Spidey book. AND I know Slott will do a bang-up job on Ben!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

When's this due? It was mentioned in a Marvel lettercol I read last night!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
To tell the truth I really think the Thing is an icon. He has the star power to be out there in the mainstream with guys like Spidey, Hulk, and um...I guess the X-Men (ick).

I am really glad they gave him his own title. He is probably my favorite Marvel character. Who doesn't like the big rocky guy???

As for Slott? He has done nothing but impress me at Marvel. I would like to see him do something a bit more dramatic (not serious/dark/grim/gritty). Would love to see him (or Casey) take over Avengers after they finish this grim/gritty/in da hood phase.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Slott on AVENGERS?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Avengers is Bendis' until he decides otherwise, and then he'll likely have a big say in who takes over. I can't see Slott fitting into that.

Ben Grimm's a great character, but I find myself wondering if anyone can make him work for long outside the FF. We'll see soon enough.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
Avengers is Bendis' until he decides otherwise, and then he'll likely have a big say in who takes over. I can't see Slott fitting into that.

Ben Grimm's a great character, but I find myself wondering if anyone can make him work for long outside the FF. We'll see soon enough.

Hey the Avengers do have an editor! Tom Brevoort? hahahaha. We know he has nothing to do with this Avengers. A couple years ago Tom was on top...now? He seems to be a middle man cause his books certainly are starting to look more like the MK line. In any case...Joe Casey is working on Iron Man hopefully he may get Avengers in the future. Who knows it might be David Mack...when Echo joins! [Frown]

In today's market a Thing solo series is risky. His last series was successful but it spun out of Secret Wars as well as Byrne's FF...when Byrne was BIG and comics sold like hotcakes so you may be right. If I was Marvel I would stick with the Thing series just in case. [Smile]

LASH, love the Ambush Bug icon!!!

[ October 11, 2005, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Jorg-EM ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

From Marvel's JAUNARY SOLICITS...

THING #3
Written by DAN SLOTT
Pencils & Cover by ANDREA DI VITO
"Fun N' Games" Pt. 3 (Conclusion)
The Thing vs. Hulks? When you're on "The Deadliest Place on Earth" anything can happen-as long as it's guaranteed to get you killed! It's more Fun N' Games with Nighthawk, Constrictor, and Tony Stark.
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP...$2.99

Nighthawk? Yep, Dan Slott rawks.

--------------------

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Yeah I bet Nighthawk will continue be the source of jokes. Yet I don't mind. I like him better as a lame hero than a real hero. [Smile]

But give me the latin lover swashbuckler that is a real hero...El Aguila! Now that's a man! [Wink]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.