Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Runaways (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Runaways
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I finally received the 1st two trades of this today, and it's even better then I thought it would be. I can't wait till the 3rd comes in.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Quick question...these kids are the offspring of super villains? I thought I heard that somewhere.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Yup, but the members of The Pride hadn't appeared previously to the 1st issue.

There's going to be a new character that is actually the kid of a "bigtime supervillain" appearing soon though.

For those who haven't seen it yet here's the preview to Vol 2 #1.

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/runaways1/

[ February 03, 2005, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: ActorLad ]

--------------------
ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Sad to say, I didn't even give this book a chance when it first came out; I saw it as further flotsam from the TSUNAMI (boy, I bet Marvel cringes about naming it that NOW... [Embarrassed] ) launch. I'll have to check out V2#1 and the trades for the prior run.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Bump for the new #1; Still planning on checking it out this weekend. If it "grabs" me I'll order the trades for the first series. [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
Sad to say, I didn't even give this book a chance when it first came out; I saw it as further flotsam from the TSUNAMI (boy, I bet Marvel cringes about naming it that NOW... [Embarrassed] ) launch. I'll have to check out V2#1 and the trades for the prior run.

Just thinking about the fate of the Tsunami titles now...

New Mutants --> Relaunched as New X-Men: Academy X after #13, in Top 30, about to get a spin-off mini
Runaways --> Cancelled before the brilliant Digest nos came in, quickly uncancelled and a relaunch planned as soon as the artist had got a bit ahead
Mystique --> Cancelled @ #24. Longest unrelaunched survivor
Venom --> Cancelled @ #18, and survived that long only on name recognition (titles which launch with 90k orders should not get cancelled at #18. This bombed simply by virtue of being unreadable)
Sentinel --> Cancelled @ #12, a digest didn't save it
Bill Jemas' Namor --> Cancelled @ #12
Inhumans --> Cancelled @ #12, just been given a digest
Human Torch --> Cancelled @ #12

Ummm... ow. Did better than the following years' equivalent offerings though, of which Iron Fist got done @ #6, Warlock @ *#4* only Cable/Deadpool is making to #15 (and that had been due to launch months earlier, but got delayed half a year by the artist getting pulled twice to do other stuff), with Cap/Falc getting killed @ #14 (a Capless relaunch may or may not have Priest writing) and a Runawaysesque relaunch due for She-Hulk after #12.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Looks like they're still in love with the idea of a kid/teen-friendly subline; Arana is a Marvel Next book, as will be POWER PACK and MACHINE TEEN (gag [Razz] Hope that's not the official name...), both being written by Mark Sumerak. MT is a Machine Man refitted for this kids line. The cover is up in this week's LitG.

--------------------

Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Back to Rv2:

Didn't see that ending coming... Funny how everyone conforms to the superheroine "model" in the end though, huh [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by lancesrealm:
I was a little confused, though. People started using their powers, and I didn't understand what their powers were. I really thought a little more background/info would have been nice.

They're all the children of former crimelords who acted in various occupations
  • Nico - Has a mystical staff stuck in her soul that gets released whenever she bleeds and she can cast spells with it (though never the same spell twice)
  • Karolina - Daughter of Hollywood starlets, vegan and confused possible lesbian (to quote from an [url=]FAQ[/url] "According to Brian, she's confused. She's got a crush on Nico, but she's not sure if that could be due to the fact that she's an alien. Maybe all aliens in her race are gay until they hit 18, and so forth) Alien with light-related powers. Flying blaster, basically, power.
  • Gert - Telepathic link with her pet raptor. Daughter of time-travellers.
  • Molly - Superstrong mutant, daughter of telepathic mutants, and by far the youngest of the group
  • Chase - the powerless one & token guy. He had flaming gauntlets & X-ray specs he "borrowed" from his genius parents in series 1, but they were destroyed
Most of the rest is in the issue.

--------------------

ActorLad
Un-Famous

I finally was able to 3rd tpb of this yesterday. This series just keeps getting better & better. Some of my favorite parts were the kids getting "Frogger" and Gert/Chase moments. I can't wait to read the new #1.

--------------------
ActorLad

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This is a great book. I loved the trades... and I thoroughly enjoyed the new #1.

The main group needs some more boys, though.

I'd love to see a storyline set in the future referenced in this story. An intriguing leader for THE AVENGERS... the FANTASTIC FOURTEEN (???!!!!)

Eventually, a crossover with THE THUNDERBOLTS would be fun... the two titles with the best opening twists EVER *should* have their characters meet.

Who else thinks that at least some of The Pride will turn up?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Nwsarama: RUNANWAYS v.2#1 Sells Out @ Marvel
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers! I hope I'm able to secure a copy...you guys have me kind of interested.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I was thinking of picking this up but didn't. Even considered the digests. Was it really any good?

Oh, yeah. It's well worth the money. Even in times when I had to think about which books I should drop, I never considered dropping it. I liked it a lot and v2 #1 was also a great read.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
love volume 2. glad gert ends up hot. just kidding i like her how she is now...

but didn't julie power make a mistake...she wasn't lightspeed and starstreak. her sister katie was one. i think she's on craaaaaaack.
wonder what her power is now?

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.