Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The New Avengers (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The New Avengers
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay I looked through the book and I will admit that it wasn't bad, but it wasn't the Avengers if this book had been called the Defenders I so would've bought it. I just can't justify these people as Avengers and I can't see Cap condoning their actions.

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
Probably gonna beat a dead horse here but how can you have several of these characters in the book and not be considered overused? I am wondering just how many books Spider-man will not be in. Dont get me wrong, I like Spidey..but come on.

On a different note I did pick up the first issue ( sorry Lash) only because I wanted to see the original Spider Woman back in action.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, having both Spider-Man and Spider-Woman on the team at the same time is almost like having Ant-Man and the Wasp... almost [Wink]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
They do have minor variations in powers. Once has spider-sense and web-shooters while the other has venom blasts and glider wings.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Wasn't there a few Sentry one-shots too? Like The Sentry and The X-Men? I seem to remember there being an FF and Spidey one-shot too.

Yes, there were one-shots with Spider-man, Hulk, X-Men and FF which happened in between the mini-series and the Finale One shot. All of them are in the TPB.

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, after thinking that Dissassembled was nearly as bad as the Austen run (nothing can ever be that bad), I was wondering if I was going to pick the new series up or not.

I don't like Wolverine, I've never been a big fan of Spider-man (even though I enjoy Ultimate) and I hate the fact most of my favorite Avengers are out of the book.

However, I was quite happily surprise with the first issue. Apart from two useless splash pages, the pace is really good and the story sounds promising.

However, to me, it's "Marvel Team-up" or "Marvel Knights", it's not the Avengers

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the Pulse article of how it "Sold Out". In more ways than one. Also wondering if it will outsell Busiek/Perez's #1.

As Pariscub knows I was all for a shake up. Namely getting rid of the dysfunctional Avengers family members Pym, Wasp, Wonder Man, Vision, and Scarlet Witch. Atleast breaking it up a bit. The connections between some of these characters was just getting old and hurting the title IMO.

But I was hoping for the return of Thor, possibly Namor? Black Knight? Wouldn't have minded Sentry joining either. And while I love Spidey...he is in a ton of titles. I would've enjoyed him. But Wolvie?! Total sellout.

Also I know many (including Paris) love Jessica Drew. I am all for the new guys. hate when retired heroes return when another hero has taken their place. I love legacy characters. Rebirth? ick. Ohwell my rant is over. I will return to the Avengers once the Avengers return. My guess is after Bendis is gone so wil the "New".

Plus the Avengers are kicking ass in the Ultimates. I LOVE the Ultimates.

Jorge

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Jorge, I'm hoping that when Thor returns in his own title that he'll eventually make it back to the Avengers. You're right that he belongs with the team. And while I like Jan and Hank, I can't say I'll especially miss them.

I also like Jessica Drew, and since Bendis once planned a series based on her it's a sure bet that he likes the character.

I also love the Ultimates. I often feel like they're the Avengers-done-right. Ultimate Cap is way better, and I truly enjoy this spin on Thor. Even Ultimate Wasp is more interesting.

[ December 14, 2004, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: ferroboy ]

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
ferroboy, gotta agree with the Ultimates. Cap is way too politically correct anyways...the Ultimate Cap seems more american [Wink] Ultimate Wasp is much more interesting. Ultimate Thor KICKS ASS. Man, I am a big fan of classic Thor but this nature loving hippee with a hammer! Now that is an interesting character. Same with Cap IMO he's a democrat that would make you swallow your teeth if you don't open the door for a girl. The original versions seem to be have become a bit static. I honestly think the new Thor series may be in the Ultimate universe.

Jorge

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Why can't I see these images?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Right-click on 'em and copy the address into your browser. That'll bring up the images Scott's been linking to. Worth the effort! [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Sorry guys. Been having issues hot linking to Pop Culture Shock. Also can't seem to even get into Silver Bullet Comic Books. It keeps crashing my browser. I'll get the link to the site these originated at when I can.
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.