Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » What post-Satellite JLAers could fit in with the Icons? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What post-Satellite JLAers could fit in with the Icons?
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't see why Oracle isn't still with the League.

I also think that Red Rocket would have fitted in better if they hadn't done that whole Manhunter infiltration thing.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I think the problem with Rocket Red is that he was just one of a bunch of guys chosen to wear the armor that Kilowog developed for Russia. Unlike Iron Man, he had no advanced technological knowledge (the armor also looked pretty weak -- even the Apokoliptian one). Dmitri was a working class guy who got a good job to provide for his family - he was heroic, but not iconic, imo.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
i 'll vote for Maxima she had the power and the attitude to be on par with the icons in the JLA. that is before they made her evil again then killed her off in OWAW.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Capt. Comet would be my first choice.

Ah, respect for the Blakester. How can I not agree?

I wouldn't have him there at the same time as J'Onn, though. They're a little too similar power-wise.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I always thought Halo and Firehawk would have been cool League additions!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This is a fascinating thread.

I agree about Maxima (I miss her), Captain Comet, and Kimiyo Hoshi.

I'll throw in my own $0.02, which may surprise people: Fire & Ice.

Now, yes, I have said many times that I'm not a fan of the Funny Justice League(s), but thanks to Peter David's x-cellent X-Factor, I've come to appreciate the GENERAL IDEA of a semi-comedic super-hero team book; it's just that PAD's sense of humor clicks with me* and Giffen/DeMatteis/Jones's sense of humor does not. Fire & Ice may have been the poster girls of a certain era for better or worse (from what little I've read, I get the impression that they weren't written with much depth, with Fire being a bit of a hussy and Ice being a bit naive) but I think that with a writer like PAD, who can write three-dimensional super-heroines, they could really shine the same way that the super-heroines of X-Factor shine.

Of course, there are some major obstacles at the moment, from a rigidly traditional JLA roster in its current incarnation to PAD's exclusive contract with Marvel to Fire's unfortunate retcon into a trained government asassin. But this is super-hero comics, where anything can be undone in the blink of an eye, and there's no less of a possibility that, in the future, we might get to see what I've proposed.

*BTW, didn't Peter David write a couple stories for JLQ and/or JLTF? I might search for those. I do have his Secret Origins story for the Post-Crisis JLA founders, and I love it.

[ March 10, 2008, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Captain Comet is at the top of my list. I've liked him since Secret Society of Super-Villains.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Great question and thread! Everybody has good points.

There are many characters that I think fit in the JLA much better than they did before. Or characters who over the years have developed as a great JLA member.

Vixen and Blue Beetle come to mind. ICONS? Not really but they certainly have the potential over others.

ICONS? Not many. My opinion? Captain Marvel and Dr. Fate though I think both characters fit in better with the JSA.

Zauriel, Ray, Mr. Miracle and Captain Atom come to mind. Firestorm like Vixen and Blue Beetle have the potential as well.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to see the Ray among the icons.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I see the current Ray has being one of the very few introduced post-Crisis that would fit. Possibly the only one.

Definite yes to Captain Comet. As I said before, yes to Dr. Light, Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) and Oracle.

I like Dr. Fate in the JLA, I do not like Captain Marvel there. Plastic Man either, and he's certainly 'iconic'.

I also disagree with over 70% of my fellow posters here on a variety of characters [Big Grin] . All good characters in their own right, and like the Creeper, Challengers of the Unknown or Deadman, could carry their own title and even be super-stars. But they don't fit in with the Satellite JLA as part of their 'icon' era.

This is a question I originally posed, but couldn't quite put into words. The best I can do now is a baseball analogy. The character needs those 'intangibles' to fit in with that era JLA.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.