Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
love it. great stuff. especially the three titans.

and the j'onn j'onzz moment!! "i'm the last martian, there's a reason why beyyyotchh!!!"

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Also anyone notice the Swamp Thing appearance? With the group at Stonehenge?

And rtv, thanks for the clarification on the DP thing. I didn't have as much time to read through it like I normally did yesterday and assumed it was Titans East.

Have we seen anything on the new DP yet though?

After rereading the issue, I agree there is a merger, but I still contend that Earth-Prime was the genesis for it. It seems there was too much emphasis on what Alex was doing to just toss it away.

And I'll I gotta say is, it was nice to see Dick Grayson acting more like I expect of him....of course, that could be that Winnick isn't writing him. Ollie too, for that matter. [Wink]

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
If Earth Prime is a stronger part of the "New Earth" mix, does it follow that pre-crisis comic books (like those seen in WaK LSH) are a part of the everyday life in the post-IC DCU?

Because practically every comic from pre-crisis was published on Earth-Prime.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I was a little puzzled on exactly why Alex started looking for Earth-Prime. Just because Superboy-Prime told him to? That seemed really odd.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
If Earth Prime is a stronger part of the "New Earth" mix, does it follow that pre-crisis comic books (like those seen in WaK LSH) are a part of the everyday life in the post-IC DCU?

Because practically every comic from pre-crisis was published on Earth-Prime.

Possibly. Remember, the OYL Superman discusses the 'mysterious Superboy'....

What I wonder now is what that say about the original Earth-1 Legion, that they only exist in comics? Especially considering that the current Legion is supposed to be the 'real' Legion.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I was a little puzzled on exactly why Alex started looking for Earth-Prime. Just because Superboy-Prime told him to? That seemed really odd.

That world had no luthor (i'll say yet). The superman boy of that world is right next to him.

He stated in a previous issue Superman and Luthor will always be at odds in any reality. I think he plans to kill SBP and live as a Luthor without Superman in the new world.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone up for giving a run-down of every magic-user at Stonehedge? Someones *gotta* want to [Big Grin]

I was shocked, shocked I tell you, of the inclusion of Anima and animus (girl on top of the monster on top of the pillar). She's a 1990's Bloodlines hero!! For some reason, I find her inclusion very impressive and a nod to knowing the entire history of the DCU. I thought I saw Looker in there too...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Anyone up for giving a run-down of every magic-user at Stonehedge? Someones *gotta* want to [Big Grin]

I was shocked, shocked I tell you, of the inclusion of Anima and animus (girl on top of the monster on top of the pillar). She's a 1990's Bloodlines hero!! For some reason, I find her inclusion very impressive and a nod to knowing the entire history of the DCU. I thought I saw Looker in there too...

I thought that was Stanley and his Monster....
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

I'll start the list with what I can recall

Zatanna
Phantom Stranger
Swamp Thing
Madame Xanadu
Stanley and his Monster (Is this who you thought was Anima, Cobie?)
Enchantress
Blue Devil
Faust Jr.
Klarion the Witch Boy - Bum, dum, dum!

More as I think of them.

Jamie

Stratum
Booster Club President

quote:
Originally posted by rtvu2:
I thought that was Stanley and his Monster....

I call Jinx!

Jamie

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Huh. You guys might be right on Stanley.

Also, Klarion was the Klarion of 7 Soldiers (with his cat Teekhl) and not bum, dum, bum (I'm pretty sure that bit will be forgotten).

Pretty sure that was 7 Soldiers Shining Knight holding the leader of Shadowpact's hand too (I suddenly forget his name).

Was that Looker in the yellow costume on the right page in the circle? I remember her having that costume in the late 90's.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder how long it will be before we see an all-new Psycho Pirate?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Cobie,

I'm pretty sure it is Stanley as this matches their depiction in Green Arrow recently.

Dunno about Looker but I did recognize Amethyst. And that is the 7 Soldiers Klarion, I was just being facetious. And it's Nightmaster, you're thinking of.

Jamie

rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget that the Janissary-with the book, Empress,Blakc Orchid, Witchfire, Detective Chimp, Jakhem Thunder, Rex the Wonder dog and I thougth I saw the Demon too.

And no Jinx Jamie, I posted a whole 9 mins before you did! [tease]

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Valda, Empress, Black Orchid, Amethyst, Rex the Wonder Dog, Olympian (that one surprised me), Salamanca (I think it's her name), El Muerta, Star Sapphire (another GL foe killed off - what's this ? most GL foes are being cleaned off one by one....same with Batman Foes with KGBeast/Demon and Ventroliquist - Scarface killed off in OYL), hmmm i am at work right now and trying to remember...maybe I saw Black Annie or Traci 13?? not sure....hmmm.yes it was Looker sporting the 90s costume, Ragman...
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.