Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Death Count (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Death Count
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah - or has the chosen many stopped?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Heard that Black Adam woke up and killed another villain....who? gotta buy IC#6 to find out who he killed! I said 'hooray, about time!"
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, here's a quick rundown of the ones that I caught this week.

Warning, MAJOR spoilers ahead:

Click Here For A SpoilerSuperboy (Conner Kent) - APPEARS to die at the end of the issue saving everyone.

Star Sapphire I - Gakked by a returned Spectre in his first act of vegeance.

Psycho Pirate II - Died in such a way that it made Pantha's death look humane in comparison.

I've only read through part of it, as I didn't have time at lunch but these were the big ones that popped out at me.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Per Dan Didio's interview at www.newsarama.com:

Most likely erased from continuity
- Supergirl Linda Danvers/Matrix (PAD's)

- Gladys, Booster Gold's 80 year old wife

It appears there will be some 'fixes' to continuity following #6's end. We'll have to see what becomes the exact history in terms of Superman's origin, Doom Patrol, Hawkman, etc.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"Not enough died."

Sorry, I still think the DCU is way overpopulated.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
add to the list:

Ventroliquist and Scarface
KGBeast
Lynx

happened in OYL Batman and Detective Comics, and Robin...

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

think there is some transformation with the Freedom Fighters... in Bludhaven books.
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Silent Minority, Lady Liberty II, Shock Trauma all added to the death list.

Atomic Knights debut.
Father Time, Major Victory II, the Nuclear Legion new heroes/villains.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Lets rock and roll! IC #7:

Some of the backgrounds are a little unclear, so we'll have to re-check and 'fix' my below comments:

Eastern Super-Hero - I'm not sure who this is (appears to have blond hair?). But he gets his back broken. It's not Rising Sun.

Peacemaker from L.A.W. mini-series - killed by Prometheus.

Bunch of villains mowed down by Wildog (he still exists?!), Crimson Avenger and someone else.

Geist, RazrSharp, Mongrel and two other Bloodlines heroes killed by Superboy-Prime

On the next page its hard top eace together who is getting killed. It looks like a few B-level heroes and villains might be killed by Doomsday or Superboy Prime. One looks like Major Disaster. Another is Charthrayx or whatever Killer Moth turned into. Who is the guy with the cross on his shirt?

Doomsday looks killed for good by E2 Superman and the post-Crisis/Post-IC Superman.

Bart Allen has now been aged and worn the mantle of the Flash. As of IC #7, no confirmation of identity of new Flash. Apparently Bart is powerless.

Death of Zauriel via Superboy Prime.

Breach exists DCU forever (death or going somewhere else, per Dan Didio).

Captain Atom reappears.

Possible deaths of Looker and Technotron.

32 Green Lanterns killed by Superboy Prime. I don't think any are named or ones I recognize (only 3 shown outright).

Superman of Earth-2 dies. *sniff*

Tangent Earth's Green Lantern's Lantern appears in post IC DCU.

Various heroes reported missing on screen but we know all reappear at some point. The exceptions are: Tempest, Dolphin. Starfire does appear at end of issue in big splash page for coming year.

All heroes remember pre-Crisis, pre-IC, old Earths.

Alex Luthor killed by the Joker and Lex Luthor.

Glimpses of future year of DCU: Starman (Danny Blaine)? New Atom! Captain Marvel oddities? Batwoman? Woman in green--is that Raven?

Now confirm/correct/add Legion Worlders!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
"eastern super hero" looks like the old all star squadron judo master.

solomon grundy appears to be vaporized by super boy. along with the others in the panel.

riddler takes a mace to the head. (a person can only survive that in comic books)

is blitzkrieg the guy with the cross? an all star squadron or young all stars villain.

[ May 03, 2006, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: disaster boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Eastern Super-Hero - I'm not sure who this is (appears to have blond hair?). But he gets his back broken. It's not Rising Sun.
***that's Judomaster***

Peacemaker from L.A.W. mini-series - killed by Prometheus.
***thought it was Deadline - will have to check LAW to compare the costume**

Bunch of villains mowed down by Wildog (he still exists?!), Crimson Avenger and someone else.
***Wild Dog!!! woof! the new Vigilante, and Crimson Avenger shooting down the Trigger Twins and Madmen.***

Geist, RazrSharp, Mongrel and two other Bloodlines heroes killed by Superboy-Prime
*sniff sob* will miss Geist, and Razorsharp. Farewell, Nightblade (but who knows? he can be regenerated back to full healthy guy?), Ballistic, and Mongrel.***

***don't forget Amazo and Black Adam [Smile] ***

On the next page its hard top eace together who is getting killed. It looks like a few B-level heroes and villains might be killed by Doomsday or Superboy Prime. One looks like Major Disaster. Another is Charthrayx or whatever Killer Moth turned into. Who is the guy with the cross on his shirt?
***not sure the first villain in the first panel....and the second villain which SuperboyPrime cracked the neck while heatvizzing Baron Blitzkrieg out, then split Charaxes***

Death of Zauriel via Superboy Prime.
***Zauriel has died several time and will come back anyway.***

Breach exists DCU forever (death or going somewhere else, per Dan Didio). ***exits DCU yea....****

Captain Atom reappears. ***good to see him back !***

Possible deaths of Looker and Technotron. ***damn I liked them!!! it's TechnoCRAT***

32 Green Lanterns killed by Superboy Prime. I don't think any are named or ones I recognize (only 3 shown outright). *** thought Galius Zed was one of them who got killed - if that's the name I recall correctly AND recognize another one ??? that's one from where Tellus comes from - Hykrauis!! (sadly killed) one of another Legion anal retentive!***

***good to see Mogo!!***

Glimpses of future year of DCU: Starman (Danny Blaine)? New Atom! Captain Marvel oddities? Batwoman? Woman in green--is that Raven? ***Raven can be seen next to Beast Boy, with a new costume, apparently. good to see Hourman III and Sand being alive. who is the guy between Hawkgirl and John Stewart - new Black Condor? notice one Soldier of Victory is missing - RIP Mister Miracle II. Speedy II looks alive...so where is Arsenal? Notice Alan Scott's eye glowing? Vixen's new costume - like it! See new OMAC? I still don't recognize Woman in Green next to Supergirl....

Now confirm/correct/add Legion Worlders!***done***

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Thanks fellas! I knew you guys could help me out. I assume Solomon Grundy and Amazo will come back, as they always do. I do think, however, that its the end of Zauriel for good, as an emphasis has now firmly been put on the Hawks.

Its pretty damn impressive how the most obscure characters are so instantly recognized on these boards! [Big Grin] (Ah...Ballistic is from Superman and Nightblade is from GL...I remember now)

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So someone want to do a count of the head damage scenes? Did Black Adam manage to catch up with Superboy-Prime's total?

Oh, and note that Alex Luthor's death isn't explicitly shown, so there's still room for him to come back.

[ May 03, 2006, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

That should take some more research, but off the top of my head, Superboy Prime killed:

Pantha
Wildebeast
Bushido
Superboy (Conner)
Geist
RazrSharp
Ballistic
Nightblade
Mongrel
Major Disaster
Baron Blitzkrieg
Charaxes
Zauriel
32 Green Lanterns
Superman of Earth-2
Caused Wally West Flash to exit the DCU
Dismembers Risk per ripping his arm off

All and all, I say that's pretty impressive! While some of my faves are on the above list (Wally, Kal, etc.), check out how many 90's crap-age characters met their finale!

For Black Adam, all I can think of is Psycho Pirate & Amazo, but that has to be wrong. There probably were more in Villains United and possibly Infinite Crisis #1.

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, but how many of Prime's are de-capitations?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.