Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
It just occurred to me that I know where we might find Hawkman, still living after Infinite Crisis. In 52 #5, the cover is still top secret, referring to a Mystery in Space. We currently know that Adam Strange will be appearing in 52, and that there are still other heroes to be named appearing there.

I feel like Hawkman may appear there, beginning in #5 (or earlier), and 52 may go a long way to cementing his place in the DCU. At least, I'm hoping.

I swear I read somewhere that Dan Didio said Hawkman would still be around post IC...it would be too much of a waste IMO otherwise!

I at least know they'll address his history in the History of the DCU.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I at least know they'll address his history in the History of the DCU.

I think Jurgens hinted that we'll see something that will clear up Hawkman's history as well as that of the Legion in his Newsarama interview. I'm still not sure that's what he meant by his answer though.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
They went to so much trouble trying to straighten out the "too many Hawkmen" mess, they really shouldn't go killing Carter off anytime soon again!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, here's a few spoilers from IC#6 and TT: OYL:

IC:

Click Here For A Spoiler - It looks like Earth Prime will be the new Earth
- The Beetle Scarab fears GL's and somehow disrupts the power from OA as evidenced by the rings sparking in its presence.

And for a very special Legion spoiler:

Click Here For A SpoilerThe DnA Legion makes and appearance fighting on an Earth-247....

And now TT: OYL

Click Here For A Spoiler - Ravager (Rose Wilson) IS a titan.
- That IS Kid Devil as we thought.
- A young Zatara makes an appearance!
- Looks like Gar will be forming Titans east.
- Cyborg was in a coma for some time....did not know who they were or why they were in Titans Tower.
-Tim is trying to clone Conner....

-WENDY AND MARVIN?!?!?!?!?!?!

If I can recall anything else, I'll post it.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a hard time accepting your first IC spoiler. How the deuce could they make that work?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Matthew,

That's a complete inferrence on my part...based on what was happening at the end of the issue.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
That's not what I got out of it at all:

Click Here For A SpoilerAlexander Luthor is searching for Earth-Prime, with the intention of making it the new the basis of the new Earth, but he gets interupted by the Superboys destroying the machine. The new Earth seems to be a random mixture of other Earths.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

EDE,

Like I said, inference. I could be completely wrong but I got the impression he found what he was looking for right before.

Jamie

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, well, if it's like EDE says, that's a whole nother thing. That I could see. Or even if it's a combination of your theories.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

So, I'm in NYC and know I'll be away all weekend on business, so I couldn't help it and grabbed a copy--specifically to read during work!

My thoughts:

The best issue so far. By far. A really, really, great issue.

Bats & crew vs. Brother Eye -- awesome! Finally some action to this story, and it was all great.

Superman of E2's story is moving along, and I'm now ready to see him shine next issue.

The Mystics -- cool. Glad to see so many gathered, which reminded me of the Perez scenes of the first Crisis. The Spectre's return was awesome.

That big splash with all the Earths. Earth-247 was fun to see. And it resolved a long-standing Legion loose end in a way that pleases me.

The heroes in space -- not much specific happening here, although that blast could potentially be a reason for big changes to come.

Click Here For A SpoilerI also took the 'New Earth' to mean what EDE says, a combination of all Earths and the end of the multiverse.

Click Here For A SpoilerBlack Adam's killing of Psycho Pirate -- despite the gore, I cheered! I've been waiting for something like this...Black Adam to cut loose and the Pirate to get his come-uppance.

Click Here For A SpoilerBats & his final words to Brother Eye -- another cheer worthy moment. Welcome back Bruce. His eariler scene with Oliver was great too.

Click Here For A SpoilerCassie, Dick and Conner being true heroes. And it really seemed that way. Cassie joining them, Dick kicking Alex in the face (I cheered there too!), and Conner being a hero after all. I've disilked Conner for a loooong time, but the latest Titans annual and this issue turned that around for me...

Good to see Ray, Lady Quark, Nightshade and J'Onn in action.

Superboy Prime is surely the most terrifying villain in a long time. And Alexander Luthor's obsession with finding a new Earth is equally as scary. They are very dynamic throughout.

Click Here For A SpoilerAnd the finale -- I knew this was coming long ago, but I didn't realize I would grow to like Conner over the course of this Infinite Crisis saga. It was a sad end, and Cassie's tears were really conveyed. I felt it was powerful. The final splash page was intense, and now I want the final battle. Rest well Conner Kent...what you lacked throughout your history you had in your end.

Overall, I felt this was a very exciting issue, with some powerful and well-written scenes.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So my thoughts...I agree with EDE & Cobalt.

Also...Click Here For A Spoiler Where did Breach, Nightshade and the others disapper to durning the fight? To there earths? [spoiler]

Gar didn't [spoiler] form Titans East, he formed and new version of the Doom Patrol. One that included Bumblebee!
Qucik, someone tell Lash!

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I read it that

Click Here For A SpoilerBreach and the others got too far away from the tower and disappeared.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

As did I
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
They're really packing a lot of action into these issues.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
They promised epic, so it's epic we get.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.