Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Gary. That's great news [Big Grin]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
IB, it certainly is!

Great issue, with lots going on!

- They sure are making us sweat for Nightwing and Conner Kent.

Click Here For A Spoiler- Superboy in the AM's armor? My previous theory looks like it might be right! I remember Johns saying *somewhere* that Superboy Prime will possibly be the best villain he's ever written...

The Earth-8 stuff seems cool, and really doesn't seem too confusing to me. Actually, it makes more sense. Kyle, Jason and Helena all from there, combined into the post multiverse Earth. Breach as the Captain Atom of Earth-8 is interesting too...it explains why his being in the Wildstorm Earth is so crazy (is the Wildstorm Earth then Earth 7?). I do think this will all be explained properly by Marv Wolfman in the Infinite Crisis secret files.

The new Manhunter is from Earth-2...

Great to see WW of Earth-2 and her final heroic scene. I thought that was a nice tribute. Now I can't wait to see Superman of Earth-2 remind everyone why he's the greatest hero of them all. And I want to see Superman post-multiple Earths start being Superman of Earth-1 again (in spirit and in character).

Cali--the Ragman mini-series was a six issue mini from the early 1990's, which established his origin, powers and his being Jewish.

Click Here For A SpoilerIt looks like the Flash is Barry! Either Wally or Barry would work for me, but I don't want a new one. To be honest, I love them both but prefer Wally...but either way I'd be pleased.

This issue had more scenes in it like the old Crisis, where we see other heroes doing stuff, talking, etc., which is definately a good thing. I want to see non-Titans/non-Big Three doing stuff so I'm glad.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
What would make the Earth-8 thing really work is if they claimed that Earth-8 was actually the dominant Earth since Crisis (rather than Earth-1), so that all of the major reboots, retcons, etc. were the result of Earth-8's influence. Let the Earth-1 Superman be the Silver Age Superman, and the Byrne-rebooted Superman be the Earth-8 version.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Now *that's* a good idea, and one that I can easily see Geoff Johns implementing. That way, subtle changes back to the pre-crisis Earth-1, in terms of characters being themselves and tweaks to histories would go along with the general story if Earth-1 (or a new Earth totally) emerges as the dominant entity.

I'm really looking forward to Marv Wolfman's Secret Files book to see him address this stuff.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The Earth-8 stuff is interesting, (whatya mean the multiverse has been dead for 20 years? We're still creating new Earths.)

I like the idea that if the multiverse had lived at the end of COIE, the focus of the DCU would have moved to "Earth-8", where we would have seen the a reboot of the whole DCU like at the beginning of the silver-age.

Some silver age characters might have been duplicated there, but the first hero would have been Byrne's MOS Superman who appeared in the mid/late eighties followed by modern age versions of Bruce, Diana, Flash, GL etc whoever they were. A Superman-free rebooted Legion could exist in that future too.

After two years of establishing the new universe, the concept of the multiverse could be re-introduced and the we could have seen the E-1 heroes age in real time, just as the E-2 we saw in the silver and bronze ages.

There's no way this would have flown with the editors back then. So instead we get a partially rebooted DCU with patchwork over patchwork, the continual insipid debate over what did and didn't happen in continuity.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It really does seem to me to be the best solution to a lot of DC's problems. Hal as Parallax? Don't worry, it was really the crazy Hal of Earth-8 who became Parallax and was succeeded by Kyle Raynor, last of the Green Lanterns! Meanwhile, the Earth-1 Hal Jordan is still heroic.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a feeling that it'll be revealed that Superboy Prime pounding on reality also caused

1) Superman's origin to change from 'Man of Steel' to 'Birthright'
2) Lifted the 'Sole survivor of Krypton' edict giving us a Kryptonian Supergirl again.
3) Is going to raise the possiblility that Superman could have had adventures as a boy.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
I have a feeling that it'll be revealed that Superboy Prime pounding on reality also caused

1) Superman's origin to change from 'Man of Steel' to 'Birthright'
2) Lifted the 'Sole survivor of Krypton' edict giving us a Kryptonian Supergirl again.
3) Is going to raise the possiblility that Superman could have had adventures as a boy.

-It also caused Jason Todd to come back to life according to Batman Annual #25.
-Could explain all the various Hawkman/woman
-Explained how Bryne's Doom Patrol fits in

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
INFINITE CRISIS #5

I wanted to see more of the characters transported to 'Earth 2'. I *really* wish WONDER WOMAN (the comic) hadn't 'ended', since many scenes in INFINITE CRISIS are fleshed out a bit in the 'main' comics. I would've *loved* an issue long team-up between Princess Diana and Diana Prince. Even if it was an issue-long conversation in the invisible plane.

Her role in the issue was handled beautifully, though. I particularly appreciated how Jimenez portrayed the Earth 2 WW as an obviously elderly-looking woman. One still in great shape, but elderly, nonetheless.

I appreciate all the Superman-centered stuff, but I don't *feel* it-- even the death of Lois-- the way that I remember *feeling* events in the first Crisis.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Cali--the Ragman mini-series was a six issue mini from the early 1990's, which established his origin, powers and his being Jewish.

There were two. The one you describe was the first. They followed up with a second a few years later.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I was glad to see the original WW. I knew she was out there somewhere. [Smile] This also gives the current WW a reason to use the surname "Prince".

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
There was an old Wonder Woman issue where there were two Diana Princes - the powerful one and the powerless one (it happened before she left the Air Force or whatever)
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Just occurred to me - anybody else notice how the OMACs are a lot like terrorforms?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I love stuff like this-- Newsarama has Sandra Hope's step-by-step inks for Jim Lee's cover to Infinite Crisis #6 .

Love it, I tell you. Almost as cool as getting to see Barry's Legion covers from sketch to finished inks. I'm a geek for this stuff!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

*ahem*

just this stuff [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.