Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Will JLA Unlimited possibly sneak another appearence by Zan, Jayna and that monkey Gleek?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Just a reminder, two new eps are on tonight!

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
the Key!! Dr Polaris! Lex Luthor! good to see the War Wheel again! a lot of villains !! Thinker! Ventroloquist!

Fire, Flash, Hawkgirl play major roles, but Aztek a minor role. More to come!!

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
spear of longinus? doesn't he mean Spear of Destiny?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

now remembering villains - giganta, silver banshee, Metallo (or that Cyborg?), Sinestro....

now watching the 2nd episode....Hawkgirl again...she really kicks a big time!

superboymddjr
Quiet member

nice nice!!! Can't wait to see Carter Hall again! StarGirl will be the main star next week!
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked both eps. I think the highlights of the 1st ep was how Flash had a big crush on Fire, and how Hawkgirl was teasing him about it/trying to help him out. He's right, she is like his big sister. On the 2nd ep I was glad we got even more of a spotlight on Hawkgirl. That was an interesting take on Hawkman too. What with him maybe being crazy or not. I'm interested if they'll ever pick up the plotline again.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
i liked that they showed the Extremist from the JLE book it was a nice touch and i liked how they made the golden age & Silver age origins of Hawkman meld into something that made sense.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Two really strong episodes that again show how JLU has created a pretty tight universe with a lot of continuity (if you think about it, there are tons of references to past shows in these two eps) but manages to avoid letting it bog them down.

"We Are Legion":
-- "Crazy Lex" is an interesting take. I'm going to assume he really is talking to Brainiac and he's not just nuts.
-- The Legion of Doom is awesome. I hope we get to find out the full roster and who all those little cameos are. I don't think I know "The Key" - where's he from and does he look like that in the comics?
-- Seeing several of GL's rogues (Sinestro, Dr Polaris, Star Sapphire) just makes me miss Hal from this continuity.

"Shadow of the Hawk":
-- Interesting take on Carter. As convoluted as Hawkman history can be, I like that they introduced the possibility that he may be delusional, but no less a hero.
-- Great fun to see the Extremists. John definitely gives good bubble...
-- I wonder if there's a reason they keep Hawkgirl out the costume and with no code name? I doubt it's just to avoid confusion with Kendra in JSA.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
The spear of Longinus IS the spear of destiny. Longinus was the name of the Roman soldier who wielded it.
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Great episodes both.

(and thanks for Actor Lad for the reminder. I would have *completely* forgotten)

ep one:

I was thrilled to see Fire given a fairly prominent role. Loved that Flash was smitten with her. Who wouldn't be?

Was a bit put off by her voice. I guess it makes sense she has a Portugese accent, but still.

Loved that Hawkgirl jokingly told Flash he may be "wasting his time" with Bea. Nice nod to old fannish speculation regarding Fire and Ice there...

Loved the new Legion of Doom. Great concept behind their formation.

However I found that the Legion of Doom's acquisition of the spear of Longinus/Destiny to be just creepy. I always felt the spear's existence in comics to be a little bit in bad taste, and feel the same now with the cartoon.

ep. two:

Was also happy to see the Extremists. Would have been even more happy to see a retelling of the "Extremist Vector" story arc from JLE, but beggars can't be choosers.

The comment about Carter flaming the Shiera haters on the MBs made me smile.

I was worried about the SA Hawkman being too complicated, but they handeled it *very* well.

I'm beginning to lean toward the opinion that Hawkgirl is getting a bit to much screen time at the expense of other leaguers, but if the stories are as good as these were, I can't really complain...

And I notice from the credits/previews that Supergirl will be getting a costume that matches her current one in the comics. Good! I never liked the white T-shirt thing.

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the new Metro Tower (unless I missed someone's comments). I think it looks kinda cool, and has both elements of the Hall of Justice and the Watchtower (from the comics).

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KidChaos:
And I notice from the credits/previews that Supergirl will be getting a costume that matches her current one in the comics. Good! I never liked the white T-shirt thing.

I liked that design for the cartoon Supergirl, but didn't think it looked very good for the comic book character (the simplicity of it doesn't translate well to comics which tend to give more details).
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Drake,

The Key is a VERY old school JLA villain, one of the first if memory serves. In his original appearance he looked much like he did in JLU. He was updated early on in the Morrison reboot and is now 'edgier'.

It was also nice to see THIS Dr. Polaris. The new costume is right up there with the Rainbow Raider, IMO.

I really like how they handled Tho...err...Hawkman in his episode. Gives them room to expand his and Shayera's story a bit.

And I can't believe no one mentioned the Absorbicron's appearance, for shame Legion World, for shame. [Smile]

They REALLY need to start getting the full seasons on DVD. I love this show.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KidChaos:
I'm beginning to lean toward the opinion that Hawkgirl is getting a bit to much screen time at the expense of other leaguers, but if the stories are as good as these were, I can't really complain...

Well, seeing as Hawkgirl was out-of-the-loop for a while (following the events of the Thanagarian fiasco two-parter which led to the JLA Unlimited series), maybe the writers needed to include her so she wouldnt be put on the back-burner so soon after her return.

Speaking of which, when did Shayera get re-admitted? [Confused]

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.