Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Death Count (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Death Count
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Whoa!

Someone spoil the Batgirl thing! Is she dead? What happened?

Also, same thing with Speedy? What happened there? Latest Green Arrow (haven't read it yet)?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Dr Light blew up their HQ, with Black Lightning, Connor, and Mia inside. During the most recent issue, we only see Black Lightning and Connor, Mia is MIA, supposedly still buried under the rubble.

By reading Infinite Crisis 4, it would appear Air Wave is split into a million different directions, as he screams. I would think that would put him on the "dead" list, except he also uses his powers in Firestorm #21 to help Donna tell Jason's dad that Jason/Firestorm died.

According to the sequence of events in IC4 however, Air Wave fizzled before Jason died. Based on that (and further events in Firestorm #21) it appears they will both "get better". This is good news, because I've always liked Air Wave, and have always thought he was underused/underdeveloped. On the flipside, he's been a bit whiny lately... [Smile]

[ January 21, 2006, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Omni Craig ]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I get nervous when characters we haven't seen in a while show up during a major event. It never bodes well for them...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
How did Firestorm die? It looks like he just burned out somehow -- is that really it? He exhausted himself to death?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's more or less the explanation in Firestorm 21. Used too much power, Jason survived but his buddy Mick is gone. Looks like Jason will return but with an old friend Click Here For A SpoilerProfessor Stein in his head with him.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
They spend the first year of Firestorm teasing us by bringing Ron back, and then "poof"!!! So I doubt this will keep either. [Wink]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
I get nervous when characters we haven't seen in a while show up during a major event. It never bodes well for them...

I'm enjoying the cutback on heroes. The gruesome deaths this issue were a guilty pleasure, I admit. And it's hard for me to get excited about Supes when there are a dozen powered aliens running around. Batman stopped being special the minute he got a family, Green Arrow got a family, and a slew of other avg humans popped up.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
They spend the first year of Firestorm teasing us by bringing Ron back, and then "poof"!!! So I doubt this will keep either. [Wink]

That was a different writer. I think this may end up sticking for awhile

And from dccomics.com Crisis Counseling, SB Prime only took out Bushido, Pantha and Wildebeast. Red Star is still alive and so is Risk. No mention of Airwave so I guess he is still good to go.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie,

Did anyone spoil the Batgirl thing for you yet?

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

*choke*

Not yet! Please help a young fan in need!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Here you go:

Click Here For A SpoilerShe was stabbed through the chest while fighting the League of Assassins (I believe by Ra's other daughter, though I mostly skimmed it. At the end of the issue, Stephanie (Spoiler) comes down in a field of white to 'welcome' her. They leave it hanging there.

It looks like she's dead, Jim.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Wow, thanks Stratum! You space-rawk!

A very abrupt ending for a 'big-deal' character though it seems. They *have* to have Bruce address this for it to have some semblance of legitimacy too (as a story).

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow... I didn't realize that

Click Here For A SpoilerSpoiler was dead!

I need to read more titles, apparently [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
From Rann/Thanagar special:
Click Here For A SpoilerSo they went and killed Jade so she could transfer her energy back to Kyle to effect his transformation into Ion
Lame, lame, lame... [No]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Damn!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.