Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
What I'm finding the most annoying part of this series is the weird retconning of what Earth-1 and Earth-2, etc., were to begin with. The Flamebird thing is one thing, but the whole notion that the modern Superman is the Earth-1 Superman just strikes me as ludicrous. And while I can kind of accept Alex Luthor as a villain, Earth-Prime Superboy just`strikes me as completely out of character based on everything we knew about him, and I'm pretty annoyed at Kal-L being duped so easily. And how exactly does the Ray's genetic code contain the vibrational frequency of Earth-X (whatever that means to begin with), when the Ray was originally from Earth-2?

Eryk, given the cover of the next issue, I think that they will address this. I'm hoping at least for a couple of pages devoted to the true return of the real Superman of Earth-1.

I see Byrne's retconned Doom Patrol is there too. Maybe they'll deal with this once and for all?

BTW, I keep thinking about it. No matter how people feel about what they've done with Superboy of Earth-Prime or the violence, I still can't shake the feeling that he's by far the most menacing villain I've seen in any comics story since...well, since the Anti-Monitor 20 years ago.

Also--what does this mean for Hawkman? I know he's in space so may not be effected, but I wonder what Earth he'd go to? He's essentially Katar too, both factually (sucked the essence in) and in the timeline (taking Katar's place in the JLA in the modern DCU).

[ January 21, 2006, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
INFINITE CRISIS #4

For the first time, IC *feels* like a crisis. Maybe because at least the several different crises are all linked, causing the series title to at last make sense. I haven't a clue where this is going and that's enjoyable. Crowds of heroes, some of whom are rarely seen, huge calamities and snippets of characterization are the order of the day for these 'events'. And, perhaps regrettably, wallops of death and dismemberment.

The visual of those characters inserted in the Anti-Monitor 'tower' is an effective one. Though having The Ray 'channel' (or whatever) the energy of Earth X is a bit far-fetched. And wouldn't J'onn represent Mars 1, rather than Earth?

Odd choices.

Don't get Flamebird disappearing and not Stargirl. But it genuinely surprised me. Like Cobie, I wonder what'll happen to Hawkman... not to mention Jade and Obsidian... Mr. Bones... etc.

I didn't think it was gonna happen, but I'm beginning to wonder if DC really is bringing back a mutiverse of linked earths.

I know I hope the wait for the next issue isn't as long as the wait for this one was.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I see Flamebird as a definate Earth-2 character, given that DC, by doing this, is acknowledging that all these inconsistencies actually exist. I like the idea that the early Silver Age Batwoman and Batgirl actually existed on Earth-2. By including Batwoman as an actual character, it might make it harder to figure out Flamebird's later Teen Titan appearances, but there was so much crossing over from Earth to Earth in the late 60's (for example, Brave and Bold with Batman) that it could be possible.

Not sure if you guys saw that Dan Didio addressed this specifically (or maybe it was just Newsarama? so many articles...). Not sure if a lot of you would agree with the way of thinking, but it was addressed somewhere in an interview.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
As I recall, WWitDCU maintained that there were versions of Batwoman and Batgirl on both Earth-1 and Earth-2, to deal with the inconsistencies about where their stories were placed. Maybe it was the Earth-2 versions that survived the Crisis, with Earth-2 Bette somehow being shoehorned into the Teen Titans as Flamebird? I don't know.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's possible. Bette (it was Betty before) is one of those "orphans" of COIE, not unlike Power Girl, Fury and Wonder Girl. Their connection to the Big Three was retconned away, but they somehow survived. When the dust settles, it will be interesting to see how (and if) they fit.

Even though I don't like everything that's going on in IC, I'll admit, I'm very curious about what's going to happen next and where all the chips will fall.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
It would be great if, for once, this latest Crisis would effectively undo all those needless deaths (like Batwoman's, for example) or correct the events which led to Barbara Gordon/Batgirl becoming Oracle, and so forth...
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:
Originally posted by Owl Lad:
That Spoiler feature isn't working for me [Frown]

I feel like I'm at a party where everybody's talking, but I can't hear anything.

Which browser and/or operating system do you use? That may play a role in why it doesn't work. If it's a browser, I can download it and figure out how to make it work.
I use an iMac OS 9.1. I'm probably ancient to you technical wizards out there.
Finding anyone who can service Macs is anything short of miraculous.

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I love Cobie's point about E' Superboy. I always thought "Superman goes bad" stories were awesome and chilling. First, the thought of a bad guy THAT powerful is terrifying. Second, we are so used to someone wearing the "S" as being a paragon of virtue that a bad "Super" feels delightfully evil.

I don't really know why E' Superboy has gone nuts. It could be as simple as not having grown up with the Kents. Or, it could be Alex Luthor's doing. It does suggest that a Superman is a product of his environment, not just his genetics. Maggin did a great riff on these ideas, I think in "Miracle Monday," where Jonathan Kent has a nightmare of a Superboy gone bad.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I was horrified reading the SBoy-P/Titans brouhaha. [Elastic Lad]

Most of the casualties I had spoiled for me, but that did little to dull my reactions. If anything, this proves Superman should have slaughtered Batman during the Sacrifice storyline.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
I wonder what'll happen to Hawkman...

[Hmmm?] He stays on E-2... that's why the E-1 Hawkman book is changing to HawkGIRL... ?

Just guessing, but maybe?

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
I was horrified reading the SBoy-P/Titans brouhaha. [Elastic Lad]

Most of the casualties I had spoiled for me, but that did little to dull my reactions. If anything, this proves Superman should have slaughtered Batman during the Sacrifice storyline.

Or it just proves how much control Supes has over his power, even when he's being mind controlled. It is so instinctual to not kill that it couldn't be over-ridden. Superboy P on the other hand has had no such conditioning and really, how much has he gotten to use his powers all these years until Luthor started enacting his plan.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I bet it's not even Superboy-Prime. I bet it's another of those rotten Superman Robots.

Run, Donna Troy... Run!!!

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I kind of feel sorry for the poor kid. He's just trying to have a conversation with Kon-El, and his powers get a little out of control, and suddenly there's all these Titans attacking him and of course he accidentally kills a few. And none of them will stop to listen to him! Sheesh!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Kids can be so cruel [Frown]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

It's nothing to take anybody's head (or arm) off about, though... [No] [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.