Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
We try to talk as vague as possible about issues here. As to not destroy things for later readers. After a while though, things are free game.

Also in #70...I was deeply disturbed by the talk that the Leader of the community gave Rick...you know the part I'm talking about.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I read # 70. Nothing super-spoilery follows other than speculation...

"Davidson"? Looks like I might get my wish for Wisteria Lane-type mysteries and whatnot.

I was in total shock to learn just who the policeman was on the cover. I truly had no idea until I got to that scene in the story.

I surprised myself by thinking that Rick looked rather handsome with his long hair after the shave.

I agree with Dev, I think it's more likely one of Rick's crew will snap this time... that would make this scenario different from what happened in Mayor's Town and the Prison.

Am I alone in thinking the book is DESPERATELY in need of a monthly ROLL CALL? I can't even remember who all is in Rick's crew and now we have all these new faces...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I just use this every now and then...http://www.twdfanclub.net/characterlistandmap.htm

But a handy checklist would be nice.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Just read it myself: another great issue. I also am worried that it will be one of Rick's crew that will snap. I'm hoping it won't be Abraham but he seems a possibility. Of course, Morgan is the most likely.

Glad to see Rick looking clean-shaven. I also suspect he'll find out someone is beating up that little kid and eventually hand out an ass-kicking. Should be a great Kirkman scene.

I'm hoping to learn more about Rosita! Basically all we know is she's really hot and Latina. Also, Gabriel the Priest I'm curious about.

And yeah, TWD definitely needs a monthly roll call, it's hard to keep track of all the names and faces. I admit, I couldn't remember Morgan's name until I clicked on Dev's link.

Also, with the politician...I found his asking my girl Andrea if she's single a little odd, even with his explanation. He then asked to see Rosita. I'm wondering if in classic politician style, he's looking for women he can cheat on his wife with? I'm thinking he is.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I finally read this about a week ago. Definitely, good stuff. It's nice to have issues that are more talky than the norm. In this case it really helps especially because we're meeting new characters and establishing a new status quo. Hopefully, some of these new characters will really start to jump out at me, but no one's set me on fire yet.

Douglas is a good storyteller though. Speaking of which...

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Also in #70...I was deeply disturbed by the talk that the Leader of the community gave Rick...you know the part I'm talking about.

...yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. That story gave me CHILLS. Made me wonder if Kirkman used a real-but-fictionalized anecdote or if he just made that one up 100%. I've a feeling someone's gonna ask Kirkman that question in a future lettercolumn. Ironic that IMO the most disturbing bit from a comic with historically its fair share of disturbing moments would come in a verbal recounting. I'm glad, though, because that's NOT a scene I was hoping to see drawn!

It made me wonder why Douglas would tell Rick that story? I know he offered an explanation, but I guess he just wanted to make sure Rick (and his group) hadn't lost their moral compass after all they've been through. From what we've seen, they're only holding on by a thread, though.

So exactly what did Davidson 'make them do'? I'm sure when we learn what that was we'll see some interesting ramifications. The question is not just what did they do, but will they do it again? There's enough of a question in my mind for me not to just assume it'll be our crew that goes around the bend this time.

This has the potential to be our setting for even longer than was the prison. Will it end even worse for our cast?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

The thing I keep thinking about is that Rick and Co. have had to do some terrible things to individuals and groups along their journey. So, anything that the community may have done...may (just may, have been understandable. Not saying it was or wasn't, especially since we don't know anything yet.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It could absolutely be something understandable. Our band of characters have certainly done some morally questionable things, but every one of those you could probably justify. That thing with the hunters was probably the closest to being over the line, but they haven't done anything that's even in the vicinity of what, say, the Governor and his crew were shown to do.

The only exception being Morgan and how he fed people to his zombie son. But that wasn't done as part of the group. Gabriel's sin was more one of inaction and refusing to help--probably a lot of survivors have been guilty of that in that world. But who knows what some of the others have done prior to joining the group? Many probably have skeletons we know nothing about.

So maybe whatever the people of this community were 'made' to do was no worse than anything our group have done to survive. Maybe our group would just shrug and do a "meh" if they find out. Or maybe it was way over the line. Somehow I don't feel that Kirkman would put it on the last page if it wasn't something beyond what we've seen our crew do. We'll see.

And, oh yeah....
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Also, with the politician...I found his asking my girl Andrea if she's single a little odd, even with his explanation. He then asked to see Rosita. I'm wondering if in classic politician style, he's looking for women he can cheat on his wife with? I'm thinking he is.

...he's totally looking to sow some oats! You can tell by how pissed off his wife was. They prolly have a Bill & Hillary thing goin' there. [Smile]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

It's been picked up for at least 6 episodes.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25459

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

FANGASM!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I'm excited, but it's kinda muted. The article emphasizes it as being part of their "Fearfest". Makes it seem more like a Halloween event/miniseries than the beginning of an ongoing. 6 episodes instead of, like, 13 seems to emphasize that focus. Seems like it's AMC's roundabout way of trying to save money if it doesn't pick up the kind of numbers they hope it will.

Still, though...it's much, MUCH better than nothing!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Exactly-- a WHOLE lot better than nothing. And if the numbers ARE there... well, I'd bet a full season will follow.

6 episodes will surely be enough to cover, what-- the first couple of trades???

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

And then comes the DVD set purchase... can't wait...

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Meanwhile, no new issue of TWD (or of Invincible) this month (and one with FIVE Wednesdays, btw)? WTF?!?! Looks like "on time in '09" was truly just last year's philosophy... [Frown]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

I'd guess the first several issues. Rick finding the group...introducing the characters...leaving Atlanta. Maybe coming to the farm.

That would be a good place to end the 6 episodes. It is a good end point if they do not continue it, and a good breaking point if there is going to be continued.

Dev - Em
KIA

Maybe ending with the intro of Tyrese and kids instead of the farm
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.