Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Black Terror #11
New Mutants Forever #1
Tom Strong and the Robots of Doom #3
Doom Patrol #13 (My brother owes me for this one)
I... Zombie #4
The Stand: Hardcases #3
Grimm Fairy Tales: Inferno #2
Superman: The Last Family of Krypton #1 (ELSEWORLDS!!!!!!)

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Secret Six #24
New Mutants Forever #1

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
As Best Man at my brother's wedding, he gave me a bonus Groomsmen gift, which was a $50 gift cert for Barnes & Noble, which is my bookstore of choice. At my wedding, I gave my brother something similar to use for Dungeons & Dragons, which was his childhood favorite hobby (like comics is to me), so this was intended for me to use on some Graphic Novels. So I picked up:

Revolver - new GN by Vertigo Crime with a preview that looked really awesome.

Fables 1,001 Nights of Snowfall - very recently I was discussing with Lardy & CJ that I often don't get GN's because they are not part of my normal buying habits. This is a good example of that; I've followed Fables for YEARS now and it's my favorite of all the comics I buy (which is a lot). Yet it never occurred to me to get this. I actually completely forgot about it the second after I learned of its existence until only very recently.

Death: The High Cost of Living TPB - I read this years ago but don't own it, unlike all the Sandman issues, which I own. I remember loving it and wanted to add it to the collection. Also, my brothers & sister love, love, love the Sandman series and have never read this so this will be a treat for them.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I own the last two. It was given to me as a gift when it first came out, Fables, that is.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I gave the guys that stood up in my wedding a 50 buck Certificate to Waldenbooks. Had to find one that was here and in Colorado at the time. They were all surprised and very thankfull.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

It's a great gift, Dev! I had a great time during my whole lunch hour just figuring out what I wanted to spend it on. I love gift certificates!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Another week with nothing in my pull folder!

On the other hand, there were like four gaming books I wanted to buy... Yikes. My wallet!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I jus got my July shipment and now have the trades for FOUR EYES:Forged in Flames and Nova v.6: Realm of Kings to pick between for my bedtime reading over the next two nights. [Cool]

I've already read Legion#3, Adventure#516 and Thanos Imperative#2 straight out of the box.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobaltus:
Fables 1,001 Nights of Snowfall - very recently I was discussing with Lardy & CJ that I often don't get GN's because they are not part of my normal buying habits. This is a good example of that; I've followed Fables for YEARS now and ...I learned of its existence until only very recently.

It's actually probably a good thing you're just getting it now... did you get the paperback version? I got the HC when it was first solicited, but it was 50% off... the TPB -just- came out, well over a year after the HC... at any rate, a FABLES must-have, like the early Prestige format one-shot...The Last Castle, I think? --which was important to the Blue/Riding Hood subplot. Definitely a good buy.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I went paperback, which is how I prefer all my trades. Hardback just feels too much like I might break it. (I did have to get the Revolver hardback though, which I decided I'd do because I really want to read it).

I remember getting Last Castle which was likely put in my pull because it just Prestige format and not a trade. My CBS guys throw stuff in my pull sometimes if they think I might want it. I flipped through 1,0001 and I'm looking forward to the mix of storytelling techniques.

Also--you MUST review Four Eyes, which was a comic I recommended to Legion World! A new issue actually just came out, which I haven't gotten to yet.

Pov

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
FUCKING. UN. REEEAL. [Eek!]

Four Eyes was excellent! This is the best Joe Kelly I've ever seen. Enrico is an engrossing and endearing character; indeed, everyone is so REAL. Boccioni is at turns charming and vile. Fawkes is a good man, hardened by life but devout and torn by the very conscience his boss lacks. Enrico's mother is a tormented widow, afraid now for her headstrong son. The backdrop of the Great Depression is a wondrous if odd setting for a tale involving dragons, but it all works. The art is very European, and the story flows from panel to panel, page to page... the 2-page splashes were truly incredible, whether it was Mr. Fawkes in the hatchery or Enrico huddled asleep with the nascent dragon.
I don't know how this book is doing saleswise, but I'm going to switch over to the pamphlets ASAP. Truly a remarkable series!

--------------------

Anti-Matter Eater Lad
Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anti-Matter Eater Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Anti-Matter Eater Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been reading a lot of comic trade paperbacks. I read the first 2 Cerebus trades which per pretty damn good. I am currently reading Marvel's Thor Essentials Vol 3. I figured I'd check out some of the original stories that I had never read prior before the movie comes out.

--------------------
We are Legion!

From: Los Angeles 3009 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
Just got this month's order in. That Bill Black-- what a guy. Only took 3 DAYS this time!!!

BEST OF THE WEST #6 -- this caught my eye as it has a NEW story among the 50's reprints, featuring Redmask, Durango Kid, Black Phantom, AND The Presto Kid in probably his ONLY appearance since the 50's. Artists on display: PETE MORISI, DICK GIORDANO, VINCE ALASCIA, FRANK BOLLE, Joe Certa & John Belfi, and of course, DICK AYERS.

FEMFORCE SPECIAL #1 -- the very 1st appearance of Black's ALL-GIRL superhero team. Hot, luscious babes in tight, revealing outfits fighting crime. What's not to like?

FEMFORCE: NIGHT OF THE DEMON
FEMFORCE: OUT OF THE ASYLUM

--a pair of one-shot specials featuring Femforce members in "horror"-related stories.

HORRORS OF THE HAUNTER -- "Horror"-style Haunted Horseman stories. These appear to have originally been by Dick Ayers, but some of the pages have been changed around by Black & co. I recently found out Black created "Buckaroo Betty", the
daughter of the original Ghost Rider, who later changed her name to "The Haunter". Spiffy, hmm?

A LOT of items at the AC Comics website are up for half-price now, Better for me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by profh0011:

AND The Presto Kid in probably his ONLY appearance since the 50's.

They probably only just now forgave him for replacing Ghost Rider in Tim Holt/Red Mask.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I got Maus vol. 2 today. I didn't realize it was volume 2 till I got it out of the store. :7 I didn't know there were more than one volumes. Anyone know how many there are?

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.