Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Death Count (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  17  18  19   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Death Count
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Technically, yes, since I believe she appeared first in the early '60s.

But if memory serves, TPTB these days consider everything that happened before the '64 "New Look" revamp to be Earth-2.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
what about Stripesy? He disappeared alongside the old JSA, except Stargirl, Mr. Terrific, Dr. Mid-Nite, Jade, and Green Lantern Alan Scott....not sure about Airwave. Gonna be interesting to find out who will disappear more later in issue 5 and 6.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Man, I'm confused as hell with the way these issues are coming out. Last month in the Outsiders, Donna recruits some Outsider members to join her in space and they have been there since. Among that group: Mal (Herald), Bumblebee, Jade, Capt Marvel Jr.

CM3 doesn't last long with the group and is shown in this month's Outsider issue back on Earth with Katana. The others are still out in space.

Yet in IC 4 we are shown Herald, Bumblebee and Jade (I think) back on Earth in the middle of the battle with Superboy Earth Prime. What gives?

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
actually, Herald, Bumblebee and Jade are still with the Donna team in space. Joto was the one who got miscolored as Herald. That was Argent that you might have misidentified as Jade. and Bumblebee was nowhere to be seen battling Superboy...which page and which panel and I will check on it.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
what about Stripesy? He disappeared alongside the old JSA, except Stargirl, Mr. Terrific, Dr. Mid-Nite, Jade, and Green Lantern Alan Scott....not sure about Airwave. Gonna be interesting to find out who will disappear more later in issue 5 and 6.

Hold the phone! Wasn't Mr. Terrific killed in a Dillin-era issue of JLA?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I expect they're talking about Michael Holt, the current Mr Terrific in JSA, not the original, Terry Sloan, LAM.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Another bloke took up the mantle of Mr. T? Bet the Spirit King was pissed off!
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
actually, Herald, Bumblebee and Jade are still with the Donna team in space. Joto was the one who got miscolored as Herald. That was Argent that you might have misidentified as Jade. and Bumblebee was nowhere to be seen battling Superboy...which page and which panel and I will check on it.

No, you're right. I double checked that yesterday and it's obviously Johto who was shown in the big one page seen with everyone else.

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
I expect they're talking about Michael Holt, the current Mr Terrific in JSA, not the original, Terry Sloan, LAM.

Except for when he is. <G>

The original Terrific, although dead, has met the current Terrific at least once and had been shown in numerous flashbacks in JSA.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Here's a question. Did we add the following to the list?

Click Here For A SpoilerBatgirl - Cassandra Cain (As reflected in the current issue of Batgirl.)

Chemo - Unknown

Stallion - Unknown

Mia - Speedy (Believed to be dead)

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
More deaths - as in IC #4 - Bad news - at least two Titans die. Good news - two Titans whom we thought were gonna die are still alive and kicking (Herald and Bumblebee).

Actually three confirmed dead. The guy cut in half was also a Titan. And if Red Star and Risk survive their wounds I'd be surprised.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Y'know, with all of the former JLAers out there to pick from, why are they killing off so many Titans lately?

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Two words, Spellbinder:

Ted Kord....

Jamie
And there's not a lot of Infinitors left around?

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, they've killed off like 5 Titans in the last year or so, so there's still an uneven balance. AND Crisis isn't over yet [Frown]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
what about Stripesy?

Earth-2, since he debuted with Star-Spangled Kid in the '40s.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

ah....yeah I might not explain more clearly....Stripey is not a JSAer but he disappeared alongside them except Stargirl...I wonder about Green Lantern Alan Scott - he is not disappeared YET...as Airwave is "zzzzkkkttted" - and look at upcoming issues of JSA - we see Jakeem Thunder, Dr. Mid-Nite II, Mr. Terrific, Power Girl, Stargirl...but no Sand....what the **ll that mean? Will we continue seeing more heroes disappearing in next issue of IC?

LL - I mentioned "AT LEAST two Titans die.." meaning that there are more than 2 dead Titans...who knows that they may bring Bushido back alive by making him a big time Frankenstien? He has a mystical background that may make him an immortal....who knows? I wold not be surprised to see him back alive later on. Maybe Risk will die from too much blood churning out of his shoulder....his death is not confirmed yet. Same thing with Red Star. Poor Pantha....Poor Wildebeest...we only knew you so little....RIP.

If I remember correctly from the Wizard magazine saying that there will be two more members that we will say Farewell from Donna's team - wonder if it's Airwave and Jade? Jade is nowhere to be seen.

I am not sure about Speedy II - alive or dead? since her body is not found in Green Arrow issue and she is right there with the Titans in IC #4, being alive...shade of Hawkman all over.

We finally got a revelation that Max Mercury is dead...alongside Johnny Quick and Barry Allen (by the way, it was so good to see them again! *sob*)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.