Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  17  18  19   
Author Topic: JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
I didn't mean that "Q" was a reference to "Star Trek". I meant the "Train!", "I see it" part being a reference to "Star Wars" - isn't there a Han/Leia sequence like that?

Oh.
Whoops.
Sorry 'bout that.

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
You know, seeing the way the government is suspicious of the League in the cartoon, I wonder if this might be a foreshadowing of what might be coming in the comic book. I mean, what happens if word leaks out that the League had been messing with people's minds over the years?

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
They have to be careful going down that road (IMHO)... if they do that then it won't be long before their tag line becomes something like, Oh I don't know, "The Justice League, protecting those that fear and/or misunderstand them." Then its just a matter of time before you can't distinguish the Justice League from the X-Men at all. You'll start having things like the J'onn J'onzz Institute for the Gifted and Batman will start shooting beams out of his eyes... you get the idea.

I sure hope they put a twist in the path if they go down that road... creatively speaking. I'd be really disappointed if they mess the Justice League up like they did the X-Men.

[ June 07, 2005, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I still don't like this one. But something that Comics Continuum said yesterday may get me to watch an episode next season. Warlord is expected to make an appearance in an episode set in Skartaris.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
quote:
-- The scene with Mandragora (is he a DC character?)

I believe so. But his look here reminded me of another DC gangster, Tobias Whale.
I read that he was initially supposed to be Whale, but TPTB made them change it for some reason.
Was Whale a Tony Isabella creation? This couldn't be related to the Black Lightning flap, could it?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
The following is something Simone posted on her boards over at ComicBookResources:

quote:
This thing with Tobias Whale was a little odd. Tony's a friend, and he know full well I wouldn't do anything that would cause him a problem intentionally. In fact, I specifically asked him if it was cool to use Black Lightning in a story. He was gracious, but at the same time, I got the impression he'd rather I not use the character, whom he feels has been misused.

So, without a moment's hesitation, I killed the story, same as I did after a similar situation with Marv Wolfman and Blade (again, both of them are too gracious and professional to say NO! but I got the impression it would be unpleasant for them). You don't mistreat friends, I say, or cause them unhappiness when you don't need to. Tony and Marv both have always been great to me, and that's more important than using those two characters, as much as I like them both.

When we started this JLU thing, Tobias Whale was VERY BRIEFLY in the outline, but for whatever reason, they wanted to change the character to someone closer to Helena's origin (and I'm told there's a connection one of the other DCU animated shows), so they swapped out Tobias Whale (even though his name still ended up in some of the promo stuff) with a similar character they already had, but had not yet named, I gather. Those guys at the show had a LOT of respect for Tony and his characters, and said so often.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

"Question Authority"
*******SPOILERS************
- Let me preface this by saying that I *LOVE* the Question!! He's a character I never would've expected to see on JLU at all, let alone seeing him take center stage, having an ep named after him.
- I want to follow this by saying that I *LOVE* what they've done with him on "JLU". He's definitely been altered, but enough of him remains and the stuff that's been added not only enhances his characterization, but makes him a hoot on the tv show!
- I loved his confrontation with Superman - not many have treated him like this (though it makes me wonder if this detecting was originally meant to be Batman's role and they weren't allowed to use him because of office politics etc.)
- The interrogation scene was awesome -- I actually laughed out loud for each of The Questions "fake" responses! (I for one no longer trust my shoe laces...)
- I know I'm biased, but it seems to me that "JLU" has given the most exposure to The Question (and Green Arrow) above all other "non originals"
- I also really liked the scene with Prof Hamilton. He's a traitor (to Supes at least) but isn't a villain -- they actually provide a reasonable explanation for why the government has reacted the way they have been (even more impressive is that it lead from another series (Superman)).
- The scene with Luthor was great as well. Q had an interesting solution to the dilema and I liked Luthor's line "Do you know how much power I'd have to give up to be President?"

[ June 26, 2005, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
This episode was outstanding. I was not to keen on the Question/Huntress relationship but in an odd way it makes sense.
The characters are really fleshed out and I like the continued storyline thats gonna lead to a bigger picture.
I kinda wish they would do the Crisis in animation..it would rock.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw this today with my gf and she loved it. She's not a comic book person or cartoons for that matter. It rocked!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
see the new episode yet? saw Dr. Light, Gypsy (odd thing about her powers being different from comics), Vibe (his power able to lift the heavy concrete off ??) anyway... interesting episode but not that evil or kick butting....but more like how people fears Heroes. hmmm....should be interested in seeing the next episode - part three of five...geez. LOL!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

The ante gets upped in "flashpoint", but it felt like a middle chapter. The Superman /Capt. Atom battle was pretty cool and it was nice to see Green Arrow debating the heroes on the satellite representing the "little guy's" point of view (just like old times). I half expected him to relive that JLA cover and quit.

Next ep should be interesting -- that's a whole mess of Ultimen ...

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
ah...completely forgot about one more thing - the return of the FLASH!!! about time, been a while since we alst time saw him having a lot of talking action! the Flash, we miss you and welcome back! It sure brings me a smile when I saw him.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I decided to give the series another try, especially if they do come back with a Warlord story next year.

So I've 'obtained' all 13 episodes (blame Canada [Big Grin] ) for this season. Any particular stand-outs or should I just start with episode one and work my way through them?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

You'd likely start from the beginning and work your way through. The main Cadmus storyline that's coming to a head now has been building all season long. There are certain episodes that follow the storyline more directly, but they've done a good job of bringing in things from previous episodes that are connected, but you don't realize it at the time.
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
The Flash is probably the coolest character in this series personality wise.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.