Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » EDE's Quick Showcase Reviews! (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: EDE's Quick Showcase Reviews!
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Re: "The Death of Superman".

Wow.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Fool
Eager Young Space Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Flying Fool   Email The Flying Fool         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: ADAM STRANGE VOL. 1 TP
Writer: Gardner Fox
Artists: Mike Sekowsky, Carmine Infantino, Gil Kane, Murphy Anderson and others
Collects stories from SHOWCASE #17-19 and MYSTERY IN SPACE #53-84
$16.99 US, 512 pages

This is why I love the Showcase series. Can't wait for this one. But also, the first Flash volume should be released this month.

--------------------
Space travel is engineering, time travel is magic.

From: The Bright, Sunny South | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Okay, so after taking some time off from reading SHOWCASES, I picked up THE WAR THAT TIME FORGOT and THE FLASH today. Looking forward to getting into them this weekend!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

What's even cooler than WW2 era soldiers stuck on a Pacific Island inhabited by dinosaurs?

A WW2 era soldier stuck on a Pacific Island inhabited by dinosaurs with a robot!

Eryk Davis Ester

It's really amazing how appealing TWTTF is, considering every story has basically the same plot: soldiers crash on mysterious island inhabited by dinosaurs and have to fight their way off.
Eryk Davis Ester

Okay, so after reading something like half of TWTTF Friday and Saturday Night, I decided I had my fill of dinosaurs, and decided to start reading the Flash.

It begins pretty awesome, with a spectacular Golden Age Flash story! Then... I don't know. The first few Barry Allen stories were okay, but somehow they didn't do all that much for me.

But Grodd, Grodd is awesome!

Eryk Davis Ester

Some Flash thoughts:

1. Really enjoying stories where the Flash finds a hidden civilization and such; not enjoying rogue-of-the-week stories nearly as much.

2. Barry seems to have a freakish number of best or at least really good friends who make one appearance and then are never heard from again.

3. The Barry always showing up late thing get tiring after awhile, but his interaction with Iris is very 50s sitcomish (er... I mean that as a good thing [Wink] ).

4. Wally rocks. He does lots of groovy stuff like prevent crooked construction companies from building new schools with inferior materials and saving kids from joining gangs and such!

5. Everything else pales before the grooviness of Grodd, however.

Eryk Davis Ester

Okay, so there's this freaky story where it turns out that the people of Earth are actually descended from aliens from a planet called Olimpus, and their leader Zus send this guy Posiden, master of water, down to reclaim their "lost colony". Fortunately, they are defeated by Flash and by learning about American History!

The awesomeness of Grodd is proved once more, when he super-fatasses the Flash.

Apparently, not only do aliens, people from the future, and creepy little people in bottled cities entertain themselves by watching our daily activities, but now schoolkids in other dimensions actually have classes in which they "study" Earth culture by spying on us with "photo-synths".

Eryk Davis Ester

Okay, so I finished up the Flash volume.

Most of the Rogues still don't do a lot for me, except Captain Cold and, of course, Grodd. I have to say that I enjoyed the volume quite a bit overall. Not the greatest of the Showcases, but a solid read. And it's of course important for the whole ushering in the Silver Age stuff.

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
2. Barry seems to have a freakish number of best or at least really good friends who make one appearance and then are never heard from again.

That Barry was so fickle. He only liked to hang around "dangerous" friends like Hal Jordan and Al Desmond. [Wink]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Apparently, dinosaurs must *really* like the taste of American soldiers. Just put one on Dinosaur Island, and huge herds of dinosaurs will come rushing at them, ignoring all other possible prey. I mean... if I were a dinosaur, rather than rushing after that little tiny human, I might stop and devour the big carcass that was just killed by a grenade or something. Or, you know, maybe I'd take a bite of that li'l dinosaur running along next to me.
kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Eryk, have you read the Wonder Woman Showcase yet?

Its even more wacky and insane than the Shazam! showcase!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Wacky and insane? must...read...it....(walking like a drone to my CBS)
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I haven't picked up a Showcase (or a comic at all, for that matter) since July!

More wacky and insane than Shazam!?

That may have to be my next purchase!

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.