Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Thread avoidance in full effect until Sunday! [Big Grin]

(Its tempting, but thanks for the Spoiler--that feature officially rocks)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Not only gratuitous violence, but graphic violence, as well. I mean, several characters died in COIE, but none of the deaths (to me) were as graphic as, for instance, Click Here For A SpoilerNeptune Perkins, who is shown being bitten in half by one villain and his arm bitten off by another villain, or Phantom Lady being impaled by a sword in three different images. I mean, that's a little much. I mean, it's nice that they're dying heroicly, I guess, but does it need to be visually gruesome as well?

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Probably yes, In the minds of consumers of media and the folks that bring it to them these days. There's no romance without a graphic sex scene and no heroic sacrifice without a bloody pulp.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Yup. I'm sure that there are plenty of folks who enjoy this level of violence but you don't actually have to SHOW the actual act of death.

I realize that it's me just getting older but I remember the orignal Crisis and while there was a number of deaths, it was nothing like what is in issue 4.

The example that Spellbinder uses earlier pales in comparison to what is in this issue.

And Cobie is right, the spoiler feature absolutely rocks!

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I do have something to ask regarding a panel of the issue.

Click Here For A SpoilerOn the second to last page Flamebird is transported to Earth-2 with the original members of the JSA. Does this mean that the modern DCU Bette is not Bat-Girl from pre-crisis but rather her Earth-2 duplicate?

Note that the modern DCU smallville vanished too. Figures eh? Byrne Superman's youth is closer to the Golden Age version than the Silver Age one.

My head hurts.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm gonna have to look at that again tonight, Tamper.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:

Click Here For A Spoiler

Note that the modern DCU smallville vanished too. Figures eh? Byrne Superman's youth is closer to the Golden Age version than the Silver Age one.

actually it was another city vinashed, not that smallville.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Well for my two cents -

I didn't think this series could sink any lower or be much worse.

- I was wrong. [Frown] [Roll Eyes] [Frown]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Well for my two cents -

I didn't think this series could sink any lower or be much worse.

- I was wrong. [Frown] [Roll Eyes] [Frown]

I have to agree. All the deaths seemed unecessary to me. And very gory! Did we really need to see someone's head blown apart?

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
With everything going on with Superboy Prime right now both in IC and over in the Titans, I can now understand why everyone at the panel we attended at Wizard World Boston in Ocotber got so uncomfortable with the question I raised about the rumors that there would be a new Superboy in the DCU.

Guess I hit a bit close to home with that one. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I hate to disagree, but I have to say wow. Maybe I have been desenseitzed to all the violence but this last issue rocked! You get what SB Prime and Alexander have been doing. You get some great cliffhangers and you get a great shock ending. Homecoming indeed. Issue #4 rocked!
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rtvu2:
I hate to disagree, but I have to say wow. Maybe I have been desenseitzed to all the violence but this last issue rocked! You get what SB Prime and Alexander have been doing. You get some great cliffhangers and you get a great shock ending. Homecoming indeed. Issue #4 rocked!

i agree with you too !!

i thought this was a great and exciting issue !! and yeah the deaths were maybe a little too graphic !! but this story is called 'Infinite Crisis' afterall !!

i'm not a lover of violence, but the book is dealing with major villians [ not unlike 'real life' terrorists ] trying to take over the planet and wipe out the heroes ........ were gonna see some carnage and bloodshed !!

but i suppose some of that could have been more 'off camera' ??

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That Spoiler feature isn't working for me [Frown]

I feel like I'm at a party where everybody's talking, but I can't hear anything.

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Owl Lad:
That Spoiler feature isn't working for me [Frown]

I feel like I'm at a party where everybody's talking, but I can't hear anything.

Which browser and/or operating system do you use? That may play a role in why it doesn't work. If it's a browser, I can download it and figure out how to make it work.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
What I'm finding the most annoying part of this series is the weird retconning of what Earth-1 and Earth-2, etc., were to begin with. The Flamebird thing is one thing, but the whole notion that the modern Superman is the Earth-1 Superman just strikes me as ludicrous. And while I can kind of accept Alex Luthor as a villain, Earth-Prime Superboy just`strikes me as completely out of character based on everything we knew about him, and I'm pretty annoyed at Kal-L being duped so easily. And how exactly does the Ray's genetic code contain the vibrational frequency of Earth-X (whatever that means to begin with), when the Ray was originally from Earth-2?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.