Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » So...what did ya get this week? (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: So...what did ya get this week?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I checked and I am 6 weeks behind in my comic reading! J-j-jeepers! I'm going tomorrow morning and it's going to be killer on my wallet and takes weeks to get through.

One thing I'm concerned about: I know Bendis' Scarlett sold out everywhere. I checked the CBS nearby me to see if they had a copy and they didn't. I wonder if I missed the boat? Damn me for not reserving a copy.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I bought Scarlet but haven't gotten to it yet. The reviews have been all over the place in terms of its quality. All the way from terrible to a home run. A lot of the controversy centers on how it apparently breaks the fourth wall and how it's executed. I guess I'll know when I read it.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Saturday's haul will/should be:

Batman Streets Of Gotham #14,
Brightest Day #6
DC Universe Legacies #3
Hellblazer #269
Justice Society Of America #41
Legion Of Super-Heroes #3
Power Girl #14
Spirit #4
Welcome To Tranquility One Foot In The Grave #1
Zatanna #3
Green Hornet #6
Red Mass For Mars #4 (Finally!)
Atlas #3

Maybe Alter Ego and Time Masters, plus everything I didn't pick up from last week. I'd better bring a credit card this week.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What I did get:

LSH 3
Superman/Batman 74
DCU Legacies 3
Prince of Power 3
Time Masters: Vanishing Point 1
Supergirl 54
Zatanna 3
Brightest Day 6
Birds of Prey 3

Five number 3s this week. Weird!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I picked up the comics on Friday morning and got 6 weeks worth. Oh Boy. It's a lot of comics...will take me a long time to get through. Began with 3 issues of Walking Dead, then some Avengers comics and now issues #2 and #3 of the Legion.

I've been busy--feel like I haven't been on LW much! Over the next few weeks I'll review every comic known to man. [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Bought New Mutants Classic Vol.1 at Barnes & Noble.

I just realized I missed the last two issues of the new series.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
This week's haul;
Legion of Super-Heroes 3
X-Factor 207

I was this close to taking X-Factor off of my already anemic pull-list (having already yanked Guardians of the Galaxy and now Agents of Atlas, with some agonizing, as those titles have begun to fall down), but this issue stuck a hook in my cheek and dragged me back in.

Peter David sucks at super-heroes stories, I've decided. His strength is in characterization and drama. As long as the book is dealing with the various personalities and their issues, it sings. When he attempts an action sequence or actual super-hero storyline, wow, does he disappoint with the limp non-resolutions...

Awesome exchange of the day;

"What you obviously want is an open relationship!"

"No I don't!"

"You want to sleep with whomever you want."

"Oh. Well, then, yes, I guess I do..."

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Black Cat #2
Captain America 1940's Newspaper Strip #2
X-Factor Forever #5
Action Comics #891
American Vampire #5
Madame Xanadu #25 (Only a few issues left)
Incorruptible #8

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
not much, i missed madame xanadu?? or they were sold out. good for her.

outsiders - thought i'd try it
authority the lost year

[shrug]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
No it has been cancelled
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
First Wave #3 (With a horrifying lack of Rima)
New Mutants #15
American Vampire #5
Warlord #16 (The end [Frown] )
X-Campus #2

And I've started on Ultimate X with #2.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by stuorstew:
No it has been cancelled

sad face
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Very sad face.

Though I think it is likely she'll be relaunched in the DCU proper.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

If things go well this week, I will get:

Incorruptible #8
Rasl #8
Abe Sapien The Abyssal Plain #2
Authority The Lost Year #11
Batman The Return Of Bruce Wayne #4
Detective Comics #867
First Wave #3 (The ball has been well and truly dropped on this)
Flash #4
Green Lantern #56
Justice League Of America #47
Madame Xanadu #25 (sigh)

Maybe some other stuff like Wonder Woman and Time Lincoln (I'll check 'em out in the store) and the Eaglemoss Dr. Fate (if my shop gets it in).

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
Very sad face.

Though I think it is likely she'll be relaunched in the DCU proper.

I hope so. CJ broke the news to me today about this. It's a damn shame if the series is truly gone. It's been the surprise delight of the last 2 years.
  This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.