Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Secret Six (the ongoing)... spoilers (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Secret Six (the ongoing)... spoilers
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Part 2 of "Secret 666" kept me on the edge, but I think the twist at the end may be bordering on lame. I'm not passing judgement on that until I read the final chapter.

I'm tempering my discomfort with this "hell" story by reminding myself that DC also uses Heaven in its universe.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Gail never gives us the obvious, so I'm still looking forward to the conclusion. But I do have a sneakiong suspicion that Catman will be the one to use the card just so he can kill his dad all over again.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I knew Catty had no love for his Pops, but I think that would be a terrible waste of the card... though very fitting for S6...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
As always, Ragdoll is just an enjoyable freak show. Not sure how he'll fit in after this storyline, though.

I don't know- will the card actually get played? No way there'll be no repurcussions. Will the 'rescued' be the 'hellified' version- barely even recognizable?

It's funny, I always viewed the card as one a character would use on themself after death. Using it for someone else never even occurred to me till I read this storyline.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, the last issue was just what I thought it would be... a helluva lot of fun. Nice twists, some truly sick moments, and though Catty's story didn't work like I thought it would, it was still pretty close and a lot of fun.

The six, the only ones rejected by hell.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Gail on the end of S6...

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?208178-Okay-About-Secret-Six

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
oh no...I wish you should not put that link on Gail....

even Gail s a class act, the message board makes me cry! I am gonna miss Secret Six. I agree with many of their comments, that Secret Six is ONE of the BEST book ever read. esp that it is a villains book. [Frown]

don't think that Suicide Squad can reach the high bar set by S6.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
But...Gail posted the link on FB. I just shared...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
My brother told me he almost cried reading the most recent issue.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Little spoiler for the latest issue #35, but...

Click Here For A Spoilerwouldn't an all out assault by the Six on the Bat Team, trying to assasinate Tim, Damien and Steph, make for an awesome crossover/mini-event, rather than just a one issue wrap-up for the series? I feel like the relaunch cut the legs out of what could have been a terrific larger story.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

# 35, another great read.

It's pretty rare to find a 36-issue series where you don't experience utter joy during only one storyarc (the Skartaris one had me scratching my head).

I bet # 36 kicks all comers' asses.

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The end of this series makes me sad. Both in reading it and how the Six end up and figuratively. DC is so much poorer without it. It astonishes me they don't see that. But it shouldn't.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yeah, 36 was a great finale for a great series.

My hat is off to Gail.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Fantastic, ballsy ending to fantastic, ballsy series. It ended the way it always had to end.

I do hope down the line Gail brings back the 6 without Bane (and I think bringing back Knockout was really a mistake). I've been following this group from Gail's original mini and it's been one helluva ride. I can't help but think this hiatus is only temporary even if this phase of the team is over.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I read the final issue earlier this week and have to concur that Gail took her book out in SPECTACULAR fashion! This was just about the most jam-packed 20 pages of comic book story I've read in a looooong time, yet it didn't feel like it was rushing or too cramped. It was just a perfect, logical and inevitable way to end what has been a terrific book.

Only caveat is that the way Gail framed this final two-parter, it really comes off like Secret Six was Bane's story all along, when that really is not the case. That said, I REALLY loved how Gail explored Bane's character in this series and how she apparently is setting him up to move on to bigger things. I'm sure with him being in the upcoming Dark Knight sequel that DC has big plans in store for what is still a character loaded with potential. But the heart of the book to me is with Catman, Scandal and Deadshot, so painting things from Bane's p.o.v. didn't sit completely well.

I'll echo Cobie's hope that DC relaunches S6 before too long, but only if Gail is at the helm. Hopefully, as Cobie says, Bane will have moved on.

In any case I really love these characters and hope that those who haven't already shown up in Suicide Squad won't fade into obscurity. The depth Gail was beginning to show in Ragdoll over the last year was fascinating, and I really, REALLY am smitten with Jeannette! And Scandal and Catman are deep characters who could each headline his and her own series!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.