Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Kitson/Fraction's The Order...SPOILERS (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Kitson/Fraction's The Order...SPOILERS
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I am not happy. It wasn't an issue of quality that's for sure. Maybe a known Marvel hero in the book would've helped it. Oh well.

Barry what's next?!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Ultra Jorge. [Smile]

Marvel are scheduling an announcement about my new 'home' next week - I'm very happy about it [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Now thats not fair. First time I read a Marvel book in years and they pull the plug?

<grumble mumble***ing excutives mumble>

[Smile]

So care to tease us about the "new home" Barry or can we run wild with speculation.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
Marvel are scheduling an announcement about my new 'home' next week - I'm very happy about it [Big Grin]

As long as you're happy, I'm happy. Still gonna miss THE ORDER...

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks! [Smile]

I think all of us who've worked on the book will miss it.

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Wha?!? I've been reading and enjoying this book. (Maybe I should have posted about it more.)

This sucks!

I'm looking forward to your next project though Barry (I'm still rooting for an Imperial Guard project! Maybe a little Nightcrawler mixed in there somewhere?!? [Big Grin] )

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
So I've been looking at the comic news site this week and nothing yet. Still looking for BK news.

Anybody read the latest issue?! I haven't yet.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Hi Ultra Jorge
Sorry the announcement is postponed until next week - because I had an extra bit of work to do in readiness for it....

Sorry to leave you on tenderhooks [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

No prob Barry! If it's coming with promo art it's even better!
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Wha?!? I've been reading and enjoying this book. (Maybe I should have posted about it more.)

This sucks!

quote:
http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/2008/01/30/marvel-month-to-month-sales-december-2007/
94, 101. THE ORDER
07/07 The Order #1 - 57,264
08/07 The Order #2 - 40,274 (-30.0%)
09/07 The Order #3 - 33,936 (-15.7%)
10/07 —
11/07 The Order #4 - 29,746 (-12.3%)
12/07 The Order #5 - 26,311 (-11.5%)
12/07 The Order #6 - 24,446 ( -7.1%)

Cancelled with issue #10, for fairly obvious reasons. Although it’s starting to level out, it’s simply too little, too late.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

So I read the Order #7 and it was great!

Hellrung really shined here. The comic was basically a conversation between Namor and Hellrung. And that conversation was the main conflict!

I really hope they retool the Order a bit more in the future. Explain how Tony and Pym gave these guys powers and all of that. I can see them as a hi-tech type team.

Anyways, Barry's art looked amazing. I like that inker(Jon Sibal). The flashback panels are EXACTLY what I imagined when I first heard Kitson at Marvel. I thought maybe the FF? But deep down I really wanted him to do a new Invaders book! (imagine Fraction & Kitson on Invaders!) Here I got FF & Invaders! Beautiful! Great job Barry.

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Just flipped through it again.

Barry some of those flashback are very dynamic! The style looks almost slightly different. Is that you experimenting or possibly the inker? Obviously you went all out!

The golems remind me how great his Blok looks. (remember the cover)

And Heavy & Supernaut's armors remind me how amazing a Barry Iron Man book would be. That's another one I suspected he'd be on. Tell me Layton inking Kitson isn't perfect for Iron Man? [Wink]

Barry Kitson
Advisor

Hi Ultra Jorge
The secret to the different look of the flashback pages is that they were inked by me [Smile] I also inked the two page spread of the Order clearing up. I also inked the last five pages of #8. Glad you liked the book!

Hope you'll like my Spider-man work as much! (You can see my first cover along with the interviews about the new job I did for Wizard, Newsarama, CBR and at Marvel.com.) I'm really excited about it as you can probably tell! [Smile]

[ February 07, 2008, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Barry Kitson ]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Even though you're not doing full pencils for the last issue of the Order, I challenge you to at least lay out a final panel that's as touching as your last LSH panel*. <<throws gauntlet at Mr. Kitson's feet>>

*By "last LSH panel" I mean last up to this point, because as I'm typing, there's the Mike Grell-drawn variant covered Action 861 in my desk drawer. So I'm looking forward to your Legion work in the Empire/Legion crossover in 2017.

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

That would be tough especially with all the history behind the LSH that I was thinking about with that panel.
I'll try...

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.