Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree. One of the things I liked about the original Crisis was

Click Here For A Spoilerthe simple way they used the fact that a good Luthor existed out there to show how different, strange and wonderful the multiverse could be. I liked the fact that, on one world, in one set of circumstances, a Luthor did not have to be evil. Now apparently using the one good Luthor (that we know about) as the evil mastermind [Mad] I hope this is just a red herring

[ January 04, 2006, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Povolero ]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
I agree. One of the things I liked about the original Crisis was

Click Here For A Spoilerthe simple way they used the fact that a good Luthor existed out there to show how different, strange and wonderful the multiverse could be. I liked the fact that, on one world, in one set of circumstances, a Luthor did not have to be evil.

Ah but isn't Click Here For A Spoilergolden evil Luthor Boy the son of the 'good' Luthor? I don't think the "At least one good Luthor somewhere" hypothesis is broken by the actions of that naughty little boy in Infinite Crisis... but please someone correct me if I'm wrong...

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
You are correct, Wayne. However, DC has overdone the "good guys gone bad" thing in the last few years. Sure, it was a surprise (to me at least), but I'm sure that they could have found another angle to use.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
Ah b*&%*ks. double posted. Sorry guys.

Taken care of. [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I know others aren't feeling the same, but I'm enthralled by this series.

I do think, however, that there is much more going on than it seems. I think the Anti-Monitor somehow (through anti-matter energy and the way the first Crisis ended with him passing through Alex as Alex transported them out)has taken control of Alexander Luthor.

Also, I'm pretty sure the others are correct in that each of the captured heroes is from another Earth. What the anti-matter bomb is going to do is 're-create' the multiple earths. The reasoning: it was because the multiple earths existed in the first place that the anti-matter was able to destroy the positive matter--each earth was weaker than it should have been and thus more susceptible to the anti-matter entropy. Thus, by recreating the multiple earths, the Anti-Monitor could re-weaken the earths and make them easy to destroy again. As you can see, I'm just not convinced its Alex and Superboy behind this.

Of course, this makes me glad that E2 Superman is not the villain here, but is secretly being betrayed by Alex and Superboy (not from Earth-2) or the Anti-Monitor. I feel he'll have a shining moment before this is through and not be shown as some sap.

I wish more heroes were featured though!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm enjoying too. I'm concerned how easily Ka-L was duped though. Remember the Anti-Monitor was able to possess Harbinger in the original Crisis, I'm thinking that's the case again here.

I'm interested to see what the Crisis Secret Files is going to show. I'm hoping it will reveal that all the bad plot ideas of the last 20 years were caused by the manipulations of Alex not some hack writer working for DC Comics on Earth Prime.

Remember that Parallax wanted to create a Multiverse during Zero Hour? Who gave him that bright idea.

That's right all the sins writers have committed against your childhood heroes in the grim and gritty post-crisis era will probably be packed on the Anti-Monitor's back.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Thus following Alan Moore and Legion World's own LMB and creating the most dastardly of all villains: the ones responsible for the grim and gritty 90's [Big Grin]

Also, Dan Didio said there are probably more "Holy SHIT!" moments in this series than any other he can say off-hand, so I'm expecting at least one or two more in #4, and the same for #5-7. I'm not ready to believe there isn't some outside influence on Alex and Superboy yet.

Also, its interesting to remember that technically Superboy of Earth Prime is much, much, stronger than Superman of Earth-2 or post Crisis Superman.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie,

I'm with you on the whole more going on thing....as a matter of fact my thoughts are very similiar to yours on the matter.

And remember, with each world destroyed the AM grew stronger....

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm curious how the existence of the Anti-Matter Earth fits into all of this. It didn't exist pre-Crisis, and seems to be roughly modelled on the postive matter "Earth-3".
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
And Hypertime of course. It might not relate at all, but it could have some kind of bearing. It'd be the obvious link to getting the Multiverse back after all.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
So based on his efforts to bring back the multiverse, doesn't that make Alexander Luthor the Anti-Crisist?

[LOL]

"Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veal!"

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

[ROTFLMAO]
Stratum
Booster Club President

Barry Allen....

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I just had an idea for what DC should do / might be doing with IC.

The problem with COIE was that it got rid of a lot of continuity and history that people loved. But bringing all that stuff back won't solve the problems that COIE was meant to solve - i.e., the multiverse was filling up and getting too complicated.

So here's what they could do. Bring back the multiverse, but make it impossible to travel from one Earth to another. That way, if you want to tell an All-Star Squadron story, or a Superboy-and-the-Legion story, you do so, and it exists in its proper world, and doesn't affect whatever DC's current continuity Earth at all, in which Superman arrived on Earth in 1982 or whatever it is.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Bump for Issue 4 (and this weeks tie ins)....not a good time for a vacation in Bludhaven, nor is it a good day to be a Titan or a teen hero in general.

There are major spoilers within....you are warned.

Click Here For A SpoilerThe SSSV airdrops Chemo right into the heart of Bludhaven

MANY Titans die....horribly

Barry Allen

The Spectre finds a new host in Gotham...

Booster finds Beetle

Cassandra Cain finds Stephanie...

Firestorm gains a new partner.

NO MORE SPEED FORCE!

I will say that between IC and the current Nightwing book, I fear for Dick's future.

I am really starting to abhor the gratuitous violence in this series but there are definitely some Oh @!#$% moments in this issue. I can't wait to talk about this with you guys.

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.