Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Outsiders (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The Outsiders
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I bought the Katana one-shot only because Katana's creator (and original BATO writer) Mike W. Barr wrote it. I thought it was nothing special, but not bad either.

I'd have gladly given the new BATO a chance if Bedard hadn't been canned. Sometime during the 90s, Dixon lost the frantic energy of his early work, and he has added insult to injury by apparently losing his ability to filter his thoughts before speaking. So no interest from me.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm happy with Dixon and the art. But not the lineup.

Geo-Force back in the Outsiders doesn't make much sense.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Blacula said: Looker's costume = worst superhero costume ever?
Agreed!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So we're three issues in, and there's been a number of line up changes. Any thoughts?

Dixon is certainly adding the fun to this book. But Bats is back to being a jerk- benching Thunder and not giving her a reason why. But she hasn't been written out of the book and she and Grace have had some nice moments.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the addition of Batgirl. This team sure knows how to pack some heavy female hitters. Her "birthday suit walk" into the kitchen (in front of Grace and Thunder, no less)was entertaining, in Cassandra's usual silent way.

What is Grace? Is she an Amazon? -a Chinese Amazon? I suppose there are black Amazons.

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I like the Chuck isn't heavy with her dialouge, the quiet Cassandra was more to my liking.

GA- well he's going to be the odd fit here, especially maried to the JLA chairwoman.

But I like how Chuck has been handling the Grace & Thunder moments

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I am enjoying this book and I really like the art.

I had another post cause I didn't know whe had this one. But I really liked the lineup!

Catwoman and Martian Manhunter especially. Seeing them leaving upsets me. Batgirl is a good replacement for Catwoman though. Geo-Force? Eh. I rather not.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm looking forward to a Dixon-written DC comic. He had the midas touch of the 90's.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

So have you been reading it Cobie?

I'm a little unhappy with the rather quick GA/BG resolution, but it was an intertesting face off. Seeing Katana in camo was odd. Grace and Thunder are still in this book, so no worries there fans.

I do like the artwork. It describes action and movement and has a painted look to it. That's not something I see too often.

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Yeah CJ, I just read it and enjoyed it. I also like the art. I agree with GA about BG.

Is this tying into Salvation Run? It sure appears to be. Those genetic things being created? I think they are the monsters on the prison planet.

Nice to see the Salvation Run stuff in JLA and Outsiders.

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with you Jorge...those sure do look like the monsters in Salvation Run. Also, in SR Batman has Martian Manhunter planted on the prison planet sending back info, which ties in with the Outsider connection.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Gotta say--Dixon came on and this is the best Outsiders has felt to me since close to the beginning. The man has come back with a vengeance and has already hit his stride.

I'm on 100%. Ready to just let him take me on this ride, and I'm liking his choice of characters so far.

BTW, he started up on Robin too. Its basically the best Robin has been since the late 90's. In two issues the title is better than hell, pre-Contagion/No Man's Land/etc. Alvin Draper, Ives returns, no mysteries, the Spoiler mystery, plain good writing...

At one time Dixon was the master of the Bat/"Street Crime" universe of DC. Glad to see him reclaiming some of that with Robin and Outsiders.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't read the issue yet, but apparently Ralph and Sue Dibney are now Deadman-like entities and are appearing in this series.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

I didn't want to spoil it, but the Dibny's do make an appearance.
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I say bring on Halo.

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.