Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 94)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
No, Shrinking Violet isn't an orphan. How about a top of the page recap? The Triad, again is:

Salu Digby
Pre-boot Jan Arrah
Walter Pratt

Significant facts revealed so far:

-"It's a family affair"

-Walter Pratt is a DC comics character, the son of Golden Age hero, "Iron" Munro.

-Shrinking Violet is not an orphan

-And a new clue: The reason that it's preboot Jan is that the postboot writers must not have read Superboy #211.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
They all had a father named Arn.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Yeah, that's the commonality. Arn Digby first appeared in the "Dagon the Avenger" two-parter, Arn Arrah (later Tarn Arrah in the reboot) in a flashback in Superboy #211, and Arn "Iron" Munro in the "Young All-Stars".

Next round to HWW.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Let's do a musical triad:

"Live and Let Die"
"A Horse With No Name"
"The First Cut is the Deepest"

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Hint: There's something a tad odd about the lyrics.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
They all have the word "Heart" in the lyrics?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Considering the popularity of the word "heart" in pop songs, that doesn't seem so odd, Quis. It's not the link I was looking for.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Each have been covered at least 5 times across several decades?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

That has nothing to do with the lyrics.

Second hint: The songwriters may have been employing artistic license, but they wouldn't pass muster in an English class!

--------------------

Exnihil

OK, in a general sense I guess they all use poor grammar.

- "The First Cut is the Deepest" makes improper use of the superlative form with the line, "When it comes to lovin' me she's worst".

- "Live and Let Die" has both a redundant and dangling participle with "This ever changing world in which we live in". (I never noticed that before, but now it just cracks me up. It just sounds so silly - "in which we live in," Heh heh.)

- "A Horse With No Name," well, I don't know where to begin. "'Cause there ain't no-one for to give you no pain" is just... wrong... on so many levels.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

That's it, Exnihil. You're best! [Smile]

--------------------

Exnihil

Next up:

v.3 Ayla Ranzz
v.4 SW6 Legion
v.5 Chameleon

--------------------

Exnihil

A hint: You might not notice it about v.5 Chameleon, unless he told you.

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Legionnaires seen in the nude?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

That's the one. Next Triad to Chaim.

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.