Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 93)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Good guesses, but neither is right!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

Next question:

Which two Bat-villains were cast for the 60s TV series, but never appeared on it?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Killer Moth only appeared in the 15 minute "Batgirl" pilot made to introduce Yvonne Craig does he count?

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting question - I'll say Cavalier and Mad Hatter.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Mad Hatter did in fact appear on the series, and so is incorrect, as is Cavalier.

Killer Moth is one of the two I was looking for.

Blacula
Easy

It's been so long since I've seen that show I can't remember which characters appeared on it - next guess Killer Moth and... Two Face?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
It's been so long since I've seen that show I can't remember which characters appeared on it - next guess Killer Moth and... Two Face?

And that would be it. In addition to the aforementioned filmed but never aired scenes of Killer Moth, Two-Face was planned for a fourth season appearance before the show was cancelled. The actor who was to play him: none other than Clint Eastwood!

I'm actually wondering if this had any influence on the creation of Jonah Hex, whose unscarred half of his face was originally modelled after Eastwood.

Blacula
Easy

Wow - wouldn't that have been weird to see. I just can't imagine Clint Eastwood acting all (intentionally) hammy and over the top like he would need to be in that show. Would have been great to see a live-action version of one of my favourite Bat-villains years before the awful Tommy Lee Jones one though.

Hmmmm question...?

OK - Which prominent DCU villain first appeared as just one of a bunch of apparently throw-away villains (the rest of whom never appeared again) with names like Bazooka, Scorcher, Slasher, Spear and Tanker?

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Not sure if he counts as "prominent", but...Shrapnel?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Bane?

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Good guesses but "no" to both.

More prominent than Shrapnel.

Bane did first appear as the leader of some henchmen with weird names like Bird and Trogg (from memory) but my mystery villain was just one of the group, not their leader.

Korbal
The Lightning World

Cheshire?

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
Wow - wouldn't that have been weird to see. I just can't imagine Clint Eastwood acting all (intentionally) hammy and over the top like he would need to be in that show. Would have been great to see a live-action version of one of my favourite Bat-villains years before the awful Tommy Lee Jones one though.

Hmmmm question...?

OK - Which prominent DCU villain first appeared as just one of a bunch of apparently throw-away villains (the rest of whom never appeared again) with names like Bazooka, Scorcher, Slasher, Spear and Tanker?

Tanker? I think it s "Tank".....as his "tank" armor was easily dismantled by Wonder Girl...Spear - actually I think it was "Tusk"?

Vigilante appeared but I am not sure if you considered him as a villain...as he was the one who took them all out.
except one....which is already mentioned.... [Smile]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

^ I got the 'Tanker' name from a DC Wiki site so I'm not sure if it was really that name or 'Tank'. I don't have reason to doubt them though since they got the rest right - including 'Spear' which I am 1000% sure is the correct name (not 'Tusk') since I have been writing a fan-fiction in my head for years that sees his return.

And the other mystery villain is obviously Cheshire.

Over to Korbal.

Korbal
The Lightning World

Once he got within range of Kryptonite-X, what specific action did Streaky the Supercat perform before he received super powers?

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.