Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 90)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
ah. heh.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Armageddon: Inferno - which was a kind of follow-up to Armageddon: 2001 and Armageddon: The Alien Agenda and was really awful.

Though it is notable for bringing the JSA out of that weird dimension they were in for most of the 80s & 90s and restoring them to the present day DCU.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
that's what I was going to guess next, blac. [Frown] I recall Enemy Ace was listed as a participant. I won't be surprised if you nailed it...
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Blacula did indeed nail it - Armageddon: Inferno is where this improbable (and Lobo as well) team-up took place.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

This storyline is significant in JLA history. Why?

http://www.comics.org/issue/38520/cover/4/?style=default

http://www.comics.org/issue/38630/cover/4/?style=default

http://www.comics.org/issue/38738/cover/4/?style=default

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Is it the last story arc before the formation of the "Detroit" League?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

No. There were still two more stories in the book before the Detroit League took over - the Martian invasion one (which is what caused Aquaman to disband the original team) and a JLA/JSA cross-over.
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
It was the first with none of the Big Seven (the original members)?

[Robin - Tim Drake] [Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

^ Correct! Seems amazing that it took 225 issues to finally get a JLA story that let the later members take the stage solo for a while.

Your question KryptonLash.

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I had stopped reading JLA by that point, so I just deduced the answer from the covers.

I'll be lash later to pose a question.

[Lash Lad - MLLASH]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Lasher, that same day...

Cassandra Sandsmark's step-mother has three brothers. Name them.

(Keep it simple.)

[Lash Lad - MLLASH]

--------------------
~Integritas~

Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Zeus, Ares, Poseidon?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

You have 2 out of 3, CMK.

--------------------
~Integritas~

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Changing my answer

Zeus, Poseidon, Hades

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Changing my answer to correct.

Ares was one of the few children Zeus had with his actual wife, making Ares Wonder Girl's half-brother.

It's Quis' quiz.

[Lash Lad - MLLASH]

--------------------
~Integritas~

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.