Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name Three (Page 90)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  ...  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  ...  111  112  113   
Author Topic: Name Three
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Quantum Queen
Psyche
Orintho

Name three Greek Goddesses

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Aphrodite
Athena
Hera

Name three Norse deities.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Heimdall
Tyr
Frigga

Name three Hanna-Barbera cartoon characters

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Shaggy, Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo

Let me take this opportunity to use a fantastic bit of trivia I just learned. I'll present it in the form of this question:

Name three Academy Award winners (for Best Actor or Best Actress) who have portrayed characters who were also portrayed in the Super Friends cartoon.

(There may be more than three. There's one in particular that amazes me, and that's probably the one you're least likely to get.)

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not sure if all of these characters were potrayd on Super Friends, but here goes:

Marlon Brando (Jor-El)
Gene Hackman (Lex Luther)
Jack Nicholson (The Joker)

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
All three of those characters appeared on one incarnation of Super Friends or another.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
There was one answer I wanted you to get, but unfortunately there were four (five, if Catwoman was ever on Super Friends) other more obvious ones also available, and you picked three of those (the other easy ones I had in mind were Halle Berry and Kevin Spacey).

But: does anyone remember the character Rima the Bird-Girl? Kind of a jungle-girl character who was in a couple of episodes? May or may not have appeared in a couple of DC comics?

Rima was taken from a novel called Green Mansions that was published in about 1902. I haven't read it; it was some kind of noble-savage pastoral semi-adventure, as far as I can tell. Why DC bothered to acquire the rights to this character and go ahead and use her I have no idea.

Anyway, they made a movie out of Green Mansions in the '50s, and, in the part of Rima, they cast...

...Audrey Hepburn.

I don't know what you have to be smoking to decide you want Audrey Hepburn playing a jungle girl, but there you are. Audrey Hepburn portrayed a future Super Friend.

Is that weird or what?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Heath Ledger would have counted as well.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Name three members of the Eagles who had solo hits and at least one hit each.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Joe Walsh - Life's Been Good
Don Henely - Dirty Laundry
Glenn Frey - The Heat Is On

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

That's correct, Jerry. And we can also add

Timothy B. Schmidt, "Boys' Night Out"
Don Felder, "Heavy Metal"
Randy Meisner, "Deep Inside My Heart"

--------------------

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Name three bluegrass musicians.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Earl Scruggs
Lester Flatts
Gene Wooten

Name three animals that start with the letter A

--------------------

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Antelope
Aardvark
Asp

Name three defunct comic publishers.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

First
Innovation
Malibu

Name one comic from each of the above named publishers.

--------------------

This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  ...  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  ...  111  112  113   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.