Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 90)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's it, Exnihil. All died in mid-August of 1977. Elvis died on the 16th, Groucho on the 19th and Cabot on the 22nd.

It's a classic example of the old "celebrity death happen in threes" thing.

Your turn! [Smile]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Ted Lange
Lorne Greene
Sir Laurence Olivier

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
All appeared on "the Love Boat"?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Oh, dear God, I hope not! [LOL]

(Double checks just to make sure he didn't overlook the obvious.)

No, only two of the three ever sailed on the "Pacific Princess." Sir Larry, of course, was the odd man out on that one.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
All played bartenders?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

To the best of my knowledge, no. (If you know for certain that they all did, just let me know.)

I will give a hint: you guys are on the right track regarding roles, but it's not so much what they played as who.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I know Lorne Greene played Commander Adama and Ted Lange played Isaac the bartender. SO I would say they are know for playing charaters with biblical names.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Not quite it. Another hint (kind of a gimme): I mentioned before than the answer lies in who they played. Well, although the question references 3 actors, the answer will reference only 1 role.

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
They have all played the title role in "Othello"?

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

That's the one.

"Othello" ranks among my favorite of Shakespeare's works, and it warms my heart to no end that it links Laurence Olivier and "Isaac" of the "Love Boat". Lorne Greene, on the other hand - though I've not seen the performance - apparently turns in one of the worst interpretations ever of the "Moor of Venice".

Control of the board passes to you, Bicycle Repair Man.

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Next:

Sir Bailey Barre
Sir Wilfred Robarts
Horace Rumpole

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Fictional British barristers?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
That was quick!

Sir Bailey Barre is from Gilbert & Sullivan's Utopia, Limited.
Sir Wilfred Robarts is from Agatha Christie's Witness For The Prosecution.
Horace Rumpole is of course from the Rumpole of the Bailey series by John Mortimer.

Over to He Who Wanders.

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
George VI of England
Lewis Carroll
James Earl Jones

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

All were mathameticians?

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.