Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Random Musical Quotes (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Random Musical Quotes
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
No, wrong decade.
From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Is it "A Mother Doesn't Matter Anymore", from Bye Bye Birdie?
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm ... is that something that was added to a revival production? I was quoting a line of dialogue, not a lyric, but it *is* Mae Peterson from Bye Bye Birdie ("I just want a simple stone, with one word carved on it: Albert's Mother.")

Over to Seth Gaterra.

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
It was a song added for the TV version with Jason Alexander a few years back. Tyne Daly (my favorite Momma Rose from my various "Gypsy" recordings) was the put-upon mom.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
"Earth might be fair
And all men glad and wise
Age after age their tragic empires rise"

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's "Turn Back, O Man" from Godspell--the words are actually a hymn written by Clifford Bax.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Got it; your turn, Rockhopper Lad!
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
"When I think of the rollicking pleasures that earlier filled my life,
Lolly lo, lolly lo,
Like the time I beheaded a man who was beating his naked wife"

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, my favorite song from Camelot!
"Fie On Goodness", sung by the Chorus of Knights.
(unfortunately, it doesn't appear in *all* versions of the show ... )

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

That's correct. It was, for whatever reason, omitted from the 1967 film (which I dislike anyway). I saw it in a stage production once and nearly laughed out of my seat.

Over to you, BRM.

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Next:

"My heart's in a pickle,
It's constantly fickle,
And not too particle, I fear."

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
"When I'm Not Near the Girl I Love"
from Finian's Rainbow

[Rainbow Girl]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Sung by Og the leprechaun.

Over to KryptonKid.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
"There is a peculiar notion that elegant plumage
And fine feathers are not proper for the male"

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Hint: 1968

--------------------
~Integritas~

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.