Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 89)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
All had someone else dub their singing (I know Marni Nixon dubbed Deborah Kerr)?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
You're close enough that if someone else doesn't get it before tomorrow I'll give it to you.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
They were all cast by Hollywood in roles that someone else originated on Broadway.
IIRC:
Gertrude Lawrence in The King & I
Chita Rivera in West Side Story
Carol Channing in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
That is actually true, but Rockhpper is much closer to the one that I was looking for.

I'm actually off on my hols tomorrow so I think I should give it to Rockhopper so as not to stall the game. The link is actually that they were all partially dubbed by Marni Nixon. She did some of the top notes in Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend, parts of The King & I and parts of Moreno's singing in West Side Story (she also dubbed all of Natalie Woods. At points though she was dueting with herself and Moreno and Betty Wand who dubbed some parts).

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Obsidian
The Owls
Sake

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Rice?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Wow! That was fast!

Obsidian is Todd Rice.

Rice University's teams are the Owls.

Sake is made from fermented rice.

Go Quis!

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I knew Obsidan and Sake. Didn't know about The Owls.
Hmmmm.........

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Alexander Hamilton
Benjamin Franklin
Salmon P Chase

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

All are (or have been) portrayed on US currency, though none were ever President.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I thought that might be easy. I assume Salmon P Chase gave it away.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

That pretty much is his claim to fame.

Elvis Presley
Groucho Marx
Sebastian Cabot

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Hint: Think an urban legend (or perhaps a superstition) about celebrities.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

They all were "sighted" after their deaths?

--------------------

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
They all died within the same week (3rd week of August, 1977).

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.