Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 83)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Marvel was definitely Original Human Torch.

DC... Spectre?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Human Torch and Unknown Soldier.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
And Eryk puts it together.

I thought the Torch would be the easy one since this came up in the first issue of the current Invaders mini, so I was a little surprised when Unknown Soldier cropped up first.

Over to Eryk.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I knew Unknown Solder. It was 'boot's confidence in the Human Torch that allowed me to get it.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I've no problem with Eryk having it, but Bucky (aka Captain America) did claim a while ago to having killed Hitler.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

New Question:

Shark Norton and the Wizard once tried a similar tactic to outwit their respective enemies in an issue of Adventure. What ploy did they use?

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Tried to turn their pets against them?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

That would've been fun, but no!

Hint:

Shark Norton was an enemy of Aquaman, and the Wizard was an enemy of Green Arrow.

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Turned the world against blond-haired, blue-eyed alpha males? [Big Grin]
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
The switched M.O.s--Wizard tried sea crimes and Shark tried land crimes, which forced Green Arrow to dive into the sea, and Aquaman to adapt to land, with their crimefighting tactics.

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

That's it!

In addition to the second appearance of the Legion of Super-Heroes, Adventure #267 features a memorable set of stories in which Green Arrow and Aquaman switch environments in order to catch these crooks.

One wonders why they didn't just let Aquaman capture the Wizard and Green Arrow capture Shark Norton, however.

Your turn, Korbal!

Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Krypto and Ace are fairly well-known, but what are the cats owned by Clark Kent and Bruce wayne named?

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Selina Kyle and Catherine "Cat" Grant? [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I knew Unknown Solder. It was 'boot's confidence in the Human Torch that allowed me to get it.

PS - the Unknown Soldier killed Hitler in the final issue of his series and I HIGHLY reccomend anyone who ever has the chance to check the story out. It's crazy! And creepy as hell!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I've never read it, but I knew it was a classic issue!
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.