Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 81)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Tasmanian Devil is a good guess, but incorrect. Flux is not the correct answer either.

It is Ultraa, Earth-Prime's first superhero.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
that's right! forgot about him.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
According to what I read when double checking my memory, after Crisis his orgin got retconned. He is now from Maxima's home planet.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
(Since it will take too long to dig up that issue of JLA to ask the question I was intending to next, I'll save that one for later and ask a different one instead.)

Everyone knows DC is a suit-happy company and that once upon a time there was some legal friction between the Superman and Captain Marvel properties.

But did you know that in the 70s they also sued the Filmation cartoon company to make them stop airing two cartoons about characters that they deemed to be too similar to two of DC's own characters.

Please name those two DC characters (and super-bonus points if you also know the names of the cartoons that were pulled).

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll guess that one is Shazam (like the Shazan genie)? No idea who the other one is, but I'll make a wild guess and say...Elasti-Girl.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Would it be the Atom and Plastic Man Man? The Filmation characters were Microwoman and Superstretch, part of the Tarzan and the Super 7 show.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

You are on the right track Quis and one of your answers is correct -

DC did indeed sue Filmation and get them to pull the Superstretch cartoon because of its lead character's alleged similarity to Plastic Man... but Microwoman wasn't part of the suit. I guess being female made her different enough to the Atom for the DC men in suits.

So that leaves one more character for someone to get...

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

By the way - not Shazam or Elasti-Girl.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Well in looking up to make sure I got the names of Superstretch and microwoman correct, I was reminded of Manta & Moray whose origin is very similar if not exact as for Aquaman and Dolphin respectively. I would say that DC sued on Manta rather than Moray as Dolphin is such a minor character in comparison to Aquaman.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

And that was the other one. Manta was too similar to Aquaman for the DC suits to allow.

Over to you Quis.

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I suppose asking which character of the Super 7 Marvel sued over would just be giving the question back to Blacula.

Who was the director of the Midway Museum before Katar Hol?

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Mavis Trent?
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Nope, she was the museum's diorama artist.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Hint: as far as I know the former director has never had an on panel scene.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

no guesses?

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.