Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four (Page 80)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
(H) She Wore a Yellow Ribbon

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I'm a fan of films from the 1930's - 1950's in a big way. I like all eras really but that is my favorite time period.

What western film is my absolute favorite from this time period:

(A) Shane
(B) High Noon
(C) The Man Who Shot Liberty Vance
(D) The Horse Soldiers
(E) The Searchers
(F) The Wild Bunch
(G) The Magnificent Seven
(H) She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
(I) Fort Apache
(J) Rio Grande

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
(J) Rio Grande

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
(C) The Man Who Shot Liberty Vance

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
All no's--we're down to the wire!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
(I) Fort Apache.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
(D) The Horse Soldiers

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Edit: Nevermind, I see there are no choices left.

[ June 01, 2010, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: rouge ]

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
(D) The Horse Soldiers

And the final choice is the winner!

All of the choices are excellent western films I love and highly recommend, but the Horse Soldiers with John Wayne and William Holden is my favorite western of all time. Partially because I would watch it with my Dad over and over again (it was one of his favorites) and so when I rewatch now I can recapture that feeling, and part of it is just because its such an excellent film.

The dynamic between John Wayne and William Holden is just perfect. John Wayne was not only himself, but he actually *could* act, while William Holden was so much more than just a good looking face. Both show it off here.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

OK, I like history and I like reading books about history. I am currently reading about what historical event or person?

1) Sinking of the Titanic
2) Ben Franklin
3) Johnstown Flood
4) Queen Victoria
5) The last days of World War I
6) Harry Hay
7) The eruption of Krakatoa
8) Lawrence of Arabia
9) The Apollo moon landing
10) Mae West

--------------------

Karie
Tart!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karie   Email Karie         Edit/Delete Post     
8. Lawrence of Arabia
From: Durban, South Africa & Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
4) Queen Victoria
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I read about Lawrence of Arabia years ago, including reading his autobiography The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

I have yet to read a book on Queen Victoria.

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
3) Johnstown Flood

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

No, I did read about the flood a couple of years ago.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

7) The eruption of Krakatoa

^Actually that's a specific interest of mine!

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.