Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Survivor: Marzal (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  69  70  71   
Author Topic: Survivor: Marzal
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I knew St'balla was going to be something from that story! Okay, cool.

So, this flight ring is cool.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Ya know, looking at that message again, I guess the asterisk is completely superfluous. [Embarrassed]

I think it's funny when people say stuff like, "7:00am in the morning." Like they're helping us understand that am means not at night.

So, it seems like a French challenge coming up.

The lingerie is in the bureau! That's about it for me!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Tribemembers! Meet me at the hot springs for cold cocktails this evening. We will study this petit défi de langue and plan to regain supremacy over St'balla, a curse on their sunblock.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

Mon Dieu!!!

C'est la Blogosphere!!!

When the Survivor producers asked me to do a celebrity guest appearance I said, "Mais, Oui!" ... but I didn't sign up for this dimensional instability! I don't know how Tyroc takes this place.

Well, I intend to flee, but you contestants don't have it so easy. The only way to complete the Immunity Challenge is to jump right into that thing and find your way out the other side.

To begin with, as we say in Côte d'Ivoire:

- D'abord vous devez aller au site Web qui s'appelle en vivant entre mercredis.

- Once there, find the post from June 11th of this year

- The first hyperlink within that post will bring you to a second blog. Well... click it!

- Once at your second destination, find the post from August 30th of this year. Scroll to the comments section.

- The first commentator is a character from the Legion mythos... click his screen name.

- This will bring you to the third blogger's profile. Search this site for a link to his eponymously named blog. You guessed it, click that link.

- On this blog, there is a section called "Fanboy Culture". In this section, find the second link that begins with the word, "Legion," then click, baby, click.

- You are now at your fourth blog. Find the entries from August 5th of this year, and locate the one whose title begins with an "S." Click on the first hyperlink in that entry.

- Last Stop... Almost Home! At the 5th and final blog, locate the entry from June 2nd of this year. Contained therein is a sound file.

- Listen to the affiliated sound file with the aim to answer this question: "With what does he battle the Super-Menace?"

Once you think you have the correct answer to the above question, send a PM to Exnihil with your answer.

DO NOT POST IT ON THE BOARD!

Again, to do so means immediate disqualification from this challenge for your entire team.

The first poster to PM with the correct answer will earn 12 points, the second 11, the third 10, and so on. Incorrect answers will earn 0 points.

The challenge will end when a clear winning team is established (i.e., when subsequent posters would no longer affect the final scoring outcome) though a 24 hour maximum will be set. The winning team gets Immunity, and a day off at camp. The losing team... goes to Tribal Council, and decides who is going home.

As the St'balla tribe won flight rings in the first Reward Challenge, they have the added benefit to "fly over" the first clue... in other words, they should stand by for a PM with a translation of the first clue coming in a few seconds.

Survivors ready... ALLEZ!!!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

... and this Immunity Challenge is...

CALLED!

I hope our Survivors enjoyed their trek through the Blogosphere... and perhaps saw some places that they'd like to visit again in the future.

As Mr. Foccart explained in the first clue, our contestants first needed to make their way to:

Living Between Wednesdays,

a great all-around comics blog from our neighbor to the North.

From there, they would next find:

Paul and John Review

with it's tongue in cheek reviews of some of the odder aspects of Legion History.

Next it was on to:

Blockade Boy

an unfortunately retired blog that specialized in Legion fashion makeovers.

This directed them to:

The Legion Omnicom

the preeminent Legion blog in all of cyberspace.

Finally, it was on to:

Super Future Friends

home to the wonderful podcasts created by Legion World's own, veryvery. There they would have learned that Superboy "battles the Super-Menace with a Super-Shout," proof-positive that Tyroc's reality altering sonic powers not only had precedent... but... actually... would have been a disqualifying duplication of pow... eh, don't think about it.

So, St'balla had a head start, having won the previous challenge. Did it make the difference?

Apparently not, as N'hura's Quislet was the first to check in with the right answer, earning 12 points.

But, hot on his tail was St'balla's Davey Fairplay, also on the board with 11.

10 and 9 points went to Lard Lad and Floating Foxlike Creature, respectively, ringing in within moments of one another. Good team work, guys.

8 was earned by Gamara, redeeming himself from the last challenge.

7 and 6 went, in order to Fat Cramer and Lance, but... too late.

St'balla had earned 38 points, and even if all the next entries are N'hura, the most they can earn is 37, so, that means:

St'balla Wins Immunity!

St'balla, head on back to camp, and rest up tonight. We'll see you again on Friday. N'hura, I'm sorry, that means that you're heading to Tribal Council tonight.

Head on back, and start thinking about which one of your tribe-mates:

-

is going home. Keep your eyes peeled this evening for instructions on Tribal Council. [Frown]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay, Team!

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Oh, whoa! I totally slept through it. I didn't realize that early mornings were going to factor. Did I miss that in the fine print?

Well, thanks St'balla tribe. Um, I'll try really hard to get to the next one.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Floating Foxlike Creature
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floating Foxlike Creature           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah! Go Team Unpronounceable!
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Darn I checked the board before I went to work this morning and the challenge hadn't started yet,and when I got home it was already over.

I'm gonna have to quit my day job.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
ugg...the horrors of night shift, i missed the challenge completely
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
Well N'hura mates, I missed it too. Work interferes with fun again!

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

All right, N'hura, bring it on in.

-

Well, it's been a rough couple of days for this tribe. A little bit of confusion and a lack of team work showed through in the first Reward Challenge... and the absence of quite a few tribe members hurt you today in the Immunity Challenge.

As you're learning, the island of Marzal is quite a bit unstable in both space... and time. We here at Survivor have studied these anomalies and designed our game to make the best of the time and space shifts in order to best be fair to all players.

Some Challenges will be in the morning, some at night, some over the course of the day, but hopefully, over all, everyone gets an opportunity to shine when a challenge best synchs up to their own personal schedule.

But... all of that is in the future.

The task before us right now is the least enjoyable part of the game... when someone finds out they're going home.

You've known each other on the island for a couple of days now and, hopefully, are beginning to get an idea of each other's strengths, weaknesses, playing styles, and how best to work together.

With that in mind, although I am going to ask each of you to cast a vote over the next day, I do want to give each of you the opportunity to post one statement. It may be as long or as short as you like, and make take whatever form you like. You may make your own case for staying... or make a case for another leaving... or both... or neither... but take the next six posts,

kenaustin, Fat Cramer, dedman, Lone Wolf Legionnaire, Lance, and Quislet,

to speak your mind.

Then, when you're ready, cast your secret vote via PM to Exnihil to say who the first person will be to leave... Survivor.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I would like it if we could all stay. I always feel sorry for whoever gets voted off first in these reality competition shows.

I'll reserve my vote until my teammates have had their say.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
This game is different from other reality competition shows,as we all share a common interest in The Legion,and whoever gets voted off will be missed.

I to will reserve my vote,and wait for my teammates.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I propose that our tribe work together more closely - maybe exchanging emails so we function better as a team. I will miss whoever has to go.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  69  70  71   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.