Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Where am I? (Page 74)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 133 pages: 1  2  3  ...  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  ...  131  132  133   
Author Topic: Where am I?
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
If we define the Tagalog language region as Central and Southern Luzon, then no, I am not in that region.
I am in the Tagalog region (Central or Southern Luzon), but am not in Ilocos. I am not in Manila.

OK, so now I´m confused. Are you or are you not in the Tagalog region?

My next question: are you in Gitnang Luzon (Region III)? (thank you Wikipedia!)

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Ack! Facepalm.

Good catch, doctor. I mistyped. No, I am NOT in the Tagalog region. I am also not in Region III (Gitnang Luzon). Look further North young man [Wink]

Recap:

I am in the northern half of Luzon Island in the Philippines.

I am not in the Tagalog region (Central or Southern Luzon), Region III (Gitnang or Central Luzon), Ilocos or Manila.

I am in a place where Ilocano is spoken (though it may not be the only language).

I am above sea level (which should narrow it down a bit).

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Are you in Cordillera?

Actually, I´m going to go ahead and guess Baguio City

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Yes, I am in Cordillera, but not in Baguio City. Pretty close, though [Smile]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Are you in La Trinidad? So you know, my plan is to go through all the provincial capitals of Cordillera, from most populated to least. This all based on Wikipedia...
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Nope. That will take a while, so I'll throw out a clue - this is one of the more well-known towns. It's a recently "discovered" tourist spot - just visited earlier this year, in fact.

--------------------

Doctor One
Active

Unfortunately the only other tourist spot in Cordillera that I know of are the rice terraces of Banaue, and as far as I understand that is not a city... So I´m still quite lost.

Soo... are you in Bangued?

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I am not there, either.

The town I'm in has only recently become a tourist destination. It's commonly described as a more pristine version of Baguio.

--------------------

Doctor One
Active

Are you in Benguet province?

The list of tourist destinations that I get doesn´t give me anything obvious. It´s hard, because living in North America we know absolutely nothing of any of these places. For example, you say that it is a more pristine version of Baguio. Isn´t Baguio a city? Pristine is perhaps not a word that I would associate with a city...

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Nope, not in Benguet province.

Baguio is a city, and I suppose the "pristine" part is a matter of perspective. This place I'm thinking of has been compared to what Baguio used to be like 50, 100 years ago.

Hmm, let me think of a clue that is more helpful, yet not too obvious...

One of the draws of this town is its interesting burial practices.

--------------------

Doctor One
Active

Are you in Bontoc, Mountain Province?
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Right province, wrong town. The town is small, and about 4 hours away from Bontoc.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Another clue: besides the burial practices, this town also has:

a) pottery
b) small rice terraces
c) waterfalls
d) a viewpoint with a beautiful view of sunrises

there is one more tourist attraction, but if I reveal that, anyone could guess it with a quick Google search.

--------------------

Doctor One
Active

Are you in Natonin?
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Nope as well. Keep trying though, I'm sure you'll get it in the next few tries.

--------------------

This topic comprises 133 pages: 1  2  3  ...  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  ...  131  132  133   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.