Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 71)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't know, I'm not familiar with Buffy, but it was the only thing I could think of that Lex Luthor and Oliver Queen had in common.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
They have one more thing in common. (...If you're not too worried about spelling. Which, in this case, I'm not.)

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Well they all have run companies.

Lex - Lexcorp
Angel - Wolfram & Hart
Ollie - His family's business from which he got wealthy.

But that doesn't account for the spelling clue.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
They have all run companies, but that's not the answer.

As for the spelling thing: the commonality between these characters has consistent spelling between how Ollie and Angel fit in, but Lex's connection to this triad is spelled with an 'e' instead of an 'o'.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah - got it!

They all have sons named Connor or Conner.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Yes. And not only do they all have sons with this name, but none of them were involved in raising them to adulthood.

Go ahead.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Chaim Mattis Keller

Avocado
Indian fig
Dragon fruit

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
they're all green?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Not necessarily. Dragon fruit are primarily red (with some green on the tentacles) and Indian figs come in a variety of colors - I googled some images to see if you were right, there are green ones, but the ones I was familiar with were red.

Hint: these fruits have a nickname in common.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

quote:
Hint: these fruits have a nickname in common.
Biff?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
They're all known by a different name including the word pear? I know the dragon fruit is called the strawberry pear and avacados are called prickly pears but not sure about the indian fig.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Correct in the connection, although not in the specifics.

Avocados are called alligator pears
Indian figs are the ones known as prickly pears or cactus pears
Dragon fruit, as you knew, are called strawberry pears.

And none of them are actually members of the genus Pyrus, which are the true pears.

Your turn, Bevis.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay me! I knew avacados were something pears so it was a sort of guess based on the previous clue so I'm quite chuffed it turned out to be right.

Possibly an easy one if you know what teh first one actually is:

Attaniout Ikeneego
Lord of the Isles
Baron of Renfrew

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Titles that are also held by the King/Queen of England?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
three titles for Prince Charles?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.