Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Three (Page 70)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 135 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...  133  134  135   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Three
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KryptonKid:
I am currently taking a "Fast Track" class which squeezes a whole semester into 28 days. I'm curious, which class am I taking?

A. Intro to Administration of Justice
B. Adolescent Psychology
C. American Sign Language
D. Critical Thinking
E. Developmental Psychology
$. Doxology
G. Earth Sciences (Geology)
H. Human Sexuality
I. Marriage and Family Dynamics
J. Minority Groups in the Americas
K. Perspectives on Death and Dying
L. Personal and Social Adjustment
M. Spanish Civilization
N. Spanish Conversation
O. Statistics

(1 extra point for some lucky Bastich.)

[M Rissey]

K. Perspectives on Death and Dying

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Quis - Uh,...yeah. That was fast.

However, you aren't a lucky Bastich and didn't get the extra point. (Why the "$"?)

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Um you didn't ask why you used a $ and that the answer would get me an extra point. And I also have no idea why you used a $.

As for my guess, who wouldn't want to get through a course on Death & Dying quickly.

Now for my question.

The last book I read was:

1) Another Mother Tongue by Judy Grahn
2) Tarzan at the Earth's Core by Edgar Rice Burroughs
3) Washington Burning by Les Standiford
4) In Search of Gay America by Neil Miller
5) The Barefoot Mailman by Theodore Pratt
6) A Civil Action by Jonothan Harr
7) Marvel Essentials: The Avengers vol. 1
8) Perilous Times: Free Speech in Wartime by Geoffrey R. Stone
9) The Case of the Not-So-Nice Nurse by Mabel Maney
10) Wicked by Gregory Maguire

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
7) Marvel Essentials: The Avengers vol. 1

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I have recently read that, but it wasn't the last book I read.

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
9) The Case of the Not-So-Nice Nurse by Mabel Maney

Does it have poolboys?

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

No pool boys. It is a parody of the girl romance novels of the 50s. She also wrote a parody of Nancy Drew (The Case of the Good-For-Nothing Girlfriend) the Hardy Boys (A Ghost in the Closet - the Hardy Boys were called the Hardly Boys) All three are nice fun reads.

But none are the last book I read.

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
You mean none were the last book you read?

6) A Civil Action by Jonothan Harr

I gather this has nothing to do with the civil rights era?

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

None of the three Maney books, I meant.

A Civil Action was made into a movie starring John Travolta. It chronicled the civil lawsuit of several families in Woburn Massachusetts who sued a couple of companies that contaminated the local well water which caused an outbreak of cancer.

I had to read that for law school, but I haven't read it recently.

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

1) Another Mother Tongue by Judy Grahn

Trying to pick up Klingon perhaps?

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Nope. I've read that book a couple of times, bt not recently.

It is subtitled "Gay Words, Gay Worlds". The author mixes a scholarly look at gay slang and traditions and biographical coming out stories.

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

4) In Search of Gay America by Neil Miller

Now that would be a great superhero name... Gay America. [Wink]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Nope, Read that one years ago.

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

10) Wicked by Gregory Maguire

Mentioned in Ugly Betty...

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Read it a while ago. Didn't like it, so I'm not going to read any of the sequels.

--------------------

This topic comprises 135 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...  133  134  135   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.