Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Survivor: Marzal (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  69  70  71   
Author Topic: Survivor: Marzal
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Ahh, the hot springs. So nice to relax after completing the 1st challenge. Looks like nobody else has found this place. Fortunately, my implanted GPS chip has proven quite useful. Perhaps I'll invite my team mates to join me....

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
...3...2...1!

All right, Survivors, time's up! Let's see how you did...

This was a multi-part challenge, consisting first of finding the clues, then assembling them in the right order. Teamwork was an essential piece of this challenge, because though the task itself was rather mammoth, shared information would really shave off the amount of time needed to accomplish it.

First off: the location and ID of the clues:

- Assuming a 15 post per page layout, page 69 of the "Name Three" thread would have given you image 1 (from the cover of Legion of Super-Heroes v.2 #264 - 6/80) and a page later, on page 70, image 7 (from Valor #22 - 8/94)

- Page 39 of "the Amalgame" held image 2 (Legion of Super-Heroes v. 5 #15 - 4/06)

- "Song Titles - In Other Words" page 7 had image 3 (from the backup feature in Limited Collectors' Edition c-55 - 1978)

- "Triad" page 93 had both images 4 (Tyroc's entry in Who's Who in the DC Universe #24 - 2/87) and 8 (from the cover of All-New Collectors' Edition c-49 10-11/76)

- "The Parody Super-Hero Names Game" page 36 had images 5 (Legion of Super-Heroes v. 4 #16 - 3/91) and 9 (from the cover of Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #218 - 7/76)

- Image 6 was on page 9 of "Legion World Clue!" (Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #222 (12/76)

- and page 3 of "Legion by the Numbers" had image 10 (from Tyroc's first appearance in Superboy 216 - 4/76)

-

From there it was just a matter of putting them in order. To wit: 10, 9, 8, 6, 3, 1, 4, 5, 7, 2.

Lone Wolf Legionnaire was the first in with 10, 9, 8, 6, 3, 1, 4, 5, 7, 2. A perfect score!

Next was Lard Lad with 10, 9, 8, 6, 3, 1, 4, 5, 7, 2. Another ace!

Next Davey FairPlay (Language Arts Lad) said 10, 9, 8, 6, 3, 1, 4, 5, 7, 2. Do we have a sweep on our hands?

Well, no, because Quislet said 10, 3, 9, 8, 1, 6, 4, 7, 2, 5, only earning 5 points.

Next was Sketch Lad with 10, 9, 6, 8, 3, 1, 4, 5, 7, 2, earning 8 points... but wait... he looked again and rearranged it to 10, 9, 8, 6, 3, 4, 1, 5, 7, 2, correcting two answers but making two others incorrect... 8 it is!

Hot on his tail was Novelty saying, 10, 9, 6, 8, 3, 1, 4, 5, 7, 2. Another 8. Novelty had a great idea, and saved himself the entire front end of the challenge by backwards engineering my image naming convention and just pulling the images instead of seeking them out. Hey, all's fair in Survivor!

Then dedman with 9, 3, 6, 1, 8, 4, 10, 5, 7, 2. A possible random 3! [Wink]

kenuastin nails a perfect score with 10, 9, 8, 6, 3, 1, 4, 5, 7, 2.

Floating Fox... like... Creature also gets a 10 with 10, 9, 8, 6, 3, 1, 4, 5, 7, 2.

Lance said 6, 1, 3, 10, 9, 8, 4, 2, 5, 7 and comes away with 1 lucky point

and Fat Cramer said 3, 10, 9, 8, 6, 7, 4, 5, 2, 7 but quickly realized she found 7 twice and replaced it with a 1, earning a 5.

Gamara held his own council and did not ring in.

So what does that mean? Well with two 8's, three 10's, and one abstaining, St'balla earns 46 points...

...and with two 10's, two 5's, a 3, and 1, N'hura earned 34 points.

St'balla wins Reward!

Congratulations, St'balla tribe! These flight rings are really going to help you out with the upcoming Immunity Challenge.

If I had to observe one thing about the results of this challenge, I'd say St'balla was certainly stronger on sharing info and are really getting closer to becoming a team.

N'hura, you've got some work to do, I've got nothing for you.

OK, Survivors, head on back to camp, get some rest, and watch out for Tree-mail announcing the Immunity Challenge.

Jeff Proty... out (oops, wrong show!)

[ November 05, 2008, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay, Team!

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
St'balla Rawks!!!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome! I love flight rings!

Okay, I'll just put it out there in front of everyone..... what's a St'balla?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
@Lone Wolf Legionnaire & Quislet, Esq
Sorry I didn't get back at you both. It was about 3:30am when I got around to doing the challenge.

Don't worry, N'hura mates, we'll get them next time, flight rings or not!!

I'm out...OYUUU!!

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gamara
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gamara           Edit/Delete Post     
Hm - I can fly on my own - bartering opportunity opening up...

--------------------
"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a GREEDY craven little coward!"

=Daffy Duck

From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Floating Foxlike Creature
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floating Foxlike Creature           Edit/Delete Post     
** foxlike noise of exultation **

Time to celebrate -- flame-broiled squirrels, all around!

Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Thats right kenaustin lets keep positive,this is after all the first of many challenges yet to come.

Go team N'hura!

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Survivor: Marzal - Special Feature
Behind the Scenes

Partial Transcript:

Harmonica Dadaesque: So, Jeff, in all your years of hosting Survivor, with all those different cultures coming together, have you ever had a language barrier to overcome?

Jeff Proty: Well... actually, yes! I remember the very first season, we were filming in Marzal... you know, before it disappeared, and there was one contestant, Gamara, who was actually a giant Japanese turtle-monster, freshly arrived at Legion World.

Now, turtle monsters, you have to remember, don't really have PM'ing in their society. It's all "Roar Across the Land" and such. Anyway, the very first challenge we staged, it came time for the tally... and no Gamara!

Anyway, to make a long story short, I get back to the hotel, and who's waiting for me with an e-mail? Waaa, waaa, waaaaaaa... you guessed it! The big guy.

Got 8 out of 10, too. He was totally in time, he was just waiting in the wrong spot! Anyway, it wouldn't have affected the final result. I made sure I squared Gamara away, and he got right on board with the the PM concept.

True Story!

Harmonica Dadaesque: That's funny, Jeff. Now... on another topic, what do you say to the allegations that in Season 2, you and Jailbait Lass...

Jeff Proty: ...No more questions!

Harmonica Dadaesque: But, Jeff!

Jeff Proty: We agreed, no Jailbait Lass questions! Enough! Shut that camera off, you son of a bi.....

End Transcript

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
What's a St'balla?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Exnihil

Dude! If you have to ask...

-

NOTE: Image from "www.majorspoilers.com" Great site... check it out.

--------------------

Exnihil

You've got Tree-mail:

-

*EST

[ October 25, 2008, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------

Exnihil

Ya know, looking at that message again, I guess the asterisk is completely superfluous. [Embarrassed]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Just a little superfluous.

And I see my time trapper powers didn't help in putting things in chronological order. [Frown]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  69  70  71   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.