Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Buffy Trvia Game (Page 67)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 94 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...  92  93  94   
Author Topic: Buffy Trvia Game
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
It's just one little thing and isn't actually referred to as being Jewish in the script, but it's a very common Jewish... well, not quite practice but thing that is done. You see the same thing in 'Schindler's List' actually.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm...might need a hint or something here, Bevis. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what you mean, but no dice.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

It also involves Tara.

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohhh wait....are you referring to the scene where she places the stones on Tara's headstone? I had no idea that was a Jewish tradition.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

I am indeed. I'm not sure if other people have started doing it, but yes it's a Jewish tradition. It signifies rememberance.

You're up again Lance.

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

OK, here we go...

How many times do we see Buffy drive on the show? And out of those times, how many times does she crach into something?

lancesrealm
amiable

Ok, no one seems to know this so...

Buffy drove 3 times in the series. She drove in Band Candy, she drove in This Year's Girl, and she drove in Him. The question is now - how many times did she crash into something? To make it even easier, I'll make it multiple choice.

a) 0
b) 1
c) 2
d) 3

Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
Twice, that I recall.
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Yep. In Band Candy, she hit another vehicle. In This Year's Girl, she crashed through a garage door to escape the Watcher assassins. Take it, Calybos.
lancesrealm
amiable

OK, until Calybos shows up, here's a question...

Giles gets knocked out a lot. How many times in season 1 does Giles get knocked out? (Mucho Buffygeek points if you can name who knocked him out each time.)

lancesrealm
amiable

OK, the answer was 4. New question:

How many of the people who have been in the opening credits of Buffy and Angel have had their characters killed off?

Calybos
Applicant

Tara showed up only once in the opening credits: in the episode where she died. Anya was killed in the final episode.

Wesley was killed on "Angel," of course; and Fred technically died when her body was possessed by a demon. Doyle died in the first season of "Angel," and Cordelia was killed off in the final season (after being in a coma for awhile).

Buffy herself has died at least twice but returned; and Joyce was killed off permanently.

In the episode where Jonathan was a paragon, he dominated the opening credits... and his character was later killed off. Oh, and Spike died at the end of "Buffy," but got resurrected for "Angel."

That's all I can think of.

[ February 04, 2006, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: Calybos ]

From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Calybos, you got all the ones I was thinking of. Was Joyce ever in the opening credits? Not sure about that. Anyway, the next question is yours.
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Nope, Joyce was only ever an 'also starring' so didn't get title credits even when she died, which is a shame sicne she was really one of the main characters in the first two seasons at least.

--------------------

Calybos
Applicant

Huh. I thought Joyce was in the credits for awhile.

Still...

Here's an easy one.

Which episode of "Buffy" was nominated for an Emmy--and in what category?

This topic comprises 94 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...  92  93  94   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.