Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 61)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
For the record, I got the answer correctly earlier in the thread but told Edie to not count it in a PM because I stumbled on it so clumsily. First of all I had never heard of the "Pentateuch" before, so I looked that up. Then, I just typed in "Deuteronomy" on Wikipedia, and "Duck" popped up on the scroll-down. A click revealed an article on Donald's nephews and listed Dewey's full name. (For some reason I can't explain, I immediately gravitated to Deuteronomy over Leviticus. Maybe somewhere in the bowels of my subconscious I'd heard Dewey's full name at some point--no idea!)

There's no rule that I've seen about using these methods to get an answer here, but it just seemed such a waste of a perfectly good question, especially when I had no inclination whatsoever from the start. I often use Wikipedia for questions here, but only to fact-check certain guesses I've had, for example to make sure Character-X debuted in the '40s and such.

I'm glad Edie got the mileage he deserved out of the question...and I look forward to whatever puzzle Miner throws at us!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I thought for sure it was some scientist character named "Numbers" (like "Big Words" from the Newsboy Legion) but had no idea where I might find him.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
One of the reasons I excluded nicknames is because I was sure there would be a character who goes by "Numbers", even though I couldn't think of any.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Something tells me that this question won't be quite the mind-bender that the previous one was, but it's all I've got at the moment:

Who once overcame a challenge by using the ability to feel colors?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Daredevil?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Captain Comet?
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Superman?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Green Lantern?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
Captain Comet?

The legend himself.

Did it in Strange Adventures #10. He had one attempt to find the one white ball in a jar otherwise filled with black ones, so he used his ability to feel colors physically. As you do.

You're up, Power Boy.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
HA!! i never win these things.

Which character is originally from Meta ?

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Shade, the Changing Man?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

boooo!!!!

you are correct.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I'll think on this one for a while and get back to y'all later with a question.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Okay, here's a decent question that continues the Vertigo theme a bit:

In the Vertigo series Sandman Mystery Theatre, Wesley Dodds encountered several other Golden Age heroes throughout the series either in or out of costume. Among the ones to appear were future fellow JSAers Starman, Hourman, Wildcat (as Ted Grant), Spectre (as Jim Corrigan) and Doctor Mid-Nite (as Charles McNider).

Name the two other Golden Age costumed heroes who appeared during the course of the series. (Please, no internet research of the series itself or thumbing through the actual issues in the spirit of the game!)

--------------------

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Sandy Hawkins ad Blackhawk.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.