Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Three (Page 61)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 135 pages: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...  133  134  135   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Three
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
2.Swiss

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Rocky-Nah, I'm Welsh. Grife, even my middle name and my last name are Welsh (Bryce & Rumsey, respectively). And fiercely proud of it!

Quis-Nope, I'm of the Algonquin Nation, specifically the Delaware Tribe. And fiercely proud of it!

Kent-I'm a quarter Finn, mostly in my right leg. Of course, in my family we call Finland "Suomi". And fiercely proud of it!

AFOB-I have a great love of Arab people and culture, but, alas, not a drop of Arab blood to call my own. You win. This time. But when next we meet, victory will be mine! HA-HAHAHA!
ahem. Maybe I should cut back on the diet soda...

Anyway, the next question belongs to Arm Fall Off Boy.

[Arm-Fall-Off-Boy]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Living in the southern U.S. of A, we have some...interesting names for roads and streets. All of these are names for ones that are within a few miles of me out here in the country. Which one did my grandmother live on?

(This is what happens when the 911 system has to be updated and you let people who live on the roads name them! These are actual names!)

1. Possum Ridge Rd
2. Brown Bear Way
3. Groundhog Hill Dr.
4. Racking Horse Lane
5. Why Worry Boulevard
6. Hoot n' Holler Lane
7. Sugarbush Lane
8. Lovejoy Rd.
9. Pollywood Park Dr.
10. Raccoon Pt.
11. Famous Way
12. Wild Turkey Run Rd.
13. Puddin' Lane
14. Singing Frogs Lane
15. Moon Critter Point

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
5. Why Worry Boulevard

I would love to live there!

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
12. Wild Turkey Run Rd.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
3. Groundhog Hill Dr.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
13. Puddin' Lane
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
In reverse order...
13. No, although that was a nickname of the person who lives there.
3. Nope, but plenty of groundhogs/woodchucks live there.
12. No, though the turkeys think they own the road. They're even out there at Thanksgiving time.
5. Got it on the first guess!

My Dad was born at home on that road, my grandparents raised 7 kids there, and like a lot of country roads, it did not even have a name until about 15 years ago. No one submitted a name except for one easy going man on the road, and thus, a 3/4 mile dirt road about 10 miles from any city limits, became Why Worry Boulevard. It was paved about 6 or 8 years ago.

Good guess Novelty! So much for increasing the odds by adding many possibilities.

You're up.

--------------------

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Canton NC. Interesting.

Just FYI:
Puddin' Lane is in CT, near Storrs Mansfield, wherever that is...
Groundhog Hill Dr is in Waynesville, NC 28786
and Wild Turkey Run Rd is also in Waynesville NC 28785

I'll post my question later during the Survivor: Marzal challenge!

--------------------

Arm Fall Off Boy

quote:
Originally posted by Novelty:
Canton NC. Interesting.

Just FYI:
Puddin' Lane is in CT, near Storrs Mansfield, wherever that is...
Groundhog Hill Dr is in Waynesville, NC 28786
and Wild Turkey Run Rd is also in Waynesville NC 28785

I'll post my question later during the Survivor: Marzal challenge!

Novelty try this link: Puddin Lane, Canton NC. In the same screen you'll see Possum Lane, Dale Earnhardt Drive etc.
Yes, you've tracked me down, Canton NC. Although if anyone shows up at my door in a Cosmic Boy costume, and he's over the age of 11, I am NOT opening the door.
[Big Grin]
Yes, I live less than 3 miles from mailing addresses that are listed as Waynesville, but most people consider Canton. Groundhog Hill Drive is 2.65 miles away. You're right about Wild Turkey Run Rd though, it's almost 20, although I did say "within a few miles" and I could be there in 20 minutes or so. I was just adding a few I knew I'd seen. And I have seen the turkeys!
Small towns, gotta love 'em.

[ October 29, 2008, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Arm Fall Off Boy ]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
My hometown had Lois Lane

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

I wish I had a Cosmic Boy costume... any era [Wink]

What's my first LSH comic?

a. Adventure #247
b. LSH #19
c. LSH #0
d. L* #50
e. L* #1
f. LW #1
g. The Legion #1
h. Legion Lost #1
i. Legion of 3 Worlds #1
j. None of the above.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
d. L* #50

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

No to L* #50

--------------------

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
h. Legion Lost #1

[Shikari]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 135 pages: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...  133  134  135   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.