Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Three (Page 55)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 135 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  ...  133  134  135   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Three
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
12. Terremoto
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
9. Play Doh

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Three more down.

- "Marky K," was my "rap name" as my younger brother and I recorded into the "mic" slot in my boom box at age 12. We were... wait for it... "The Skinny Boys."

- "Terremoto". The name given to me by my Italian grandfather as a four-year old Nihil tore about his house. It's Italian for "earthquake".

- "Play Doh". An inside joke with a g ang of us in HS based on a series of humorous plays I wrote called the "Philosophers Three". It's a play on words for "Plato"

So, one of the below was never my nickname:

1. 99
2. 569
3. Bobart
4. Ding
5. Henry
6. Lenoir
7. Lucky Duck
8. Marky K
9. Play Doh
10. Professor Spin
11. T. Alfred
12. Terremoto
13. The Hitman
14. Tyke
15. Tyson
16. Uncle Sid

Which?

[ October 16, 2008, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
1. 99 I doubt you were confused with Barbara Feldon

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
5. Henry

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Both of the above guesses were army nicknames:

- "99," though I never thought of the "Get Smart" connection, was the name they gave me in Basic Training (I had scored in the 99th percentile on the initial aptitude test, so I had my choice of Military Specialties).

- "Henry," was a name given to me in Airborne School, because, apparently with my buzzcut and military "Birth Control Goggles," I bore a striking resemblance to punk singer Henry Rollins.

So, the fictional nickname remains:

1. 99
2. 569
3. Bobart
4. Ding
5. Henry
6. Lenoir
7. Lucky Duck
8. Marky K
9. Play Doh
10. Professor Spin
11. T. Alfred
12. Terremoto
13. The Hitman
14. Tyke
15. Tyson
16. Uncle Sid

Which is it?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
15. Tyson

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
13. The Hitman

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

One of the above two guesses is right, so a quick run down of the others:

-"569," my nickname as a Pop Warner football player, from my specialty play "Red Right 569 on Two"

-"Ding," my wife's nickname for me, short for... ahem... "Mr. Thomalama Ding Dong Head."

-"Lenoir," a frenchy bastardization of my last name

-"Lucky Duck,' something my babysitter used to call me

-"Professor Spin," nickname earned at my current job for my tendency to say things such as, "Yes, testing failed... but in a predictable manner."

-"Uncle Sid," at 19, after a Grateful Dead concert, I... never mind.

Quislet guessed, "Tyson," which was my tenth grade nickname earned for getting into a fight in the cafeteria...

...but Krypton Kid guessed correctly with "The Hitman," which was actually my brother's nickname in our preeteen rap group, "Marky K and the Hitman - the Skinny Boys". Man, I would kill to find that cassette tape!

Anyway, good job, KK, you're up.

--------------------

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Which of these is my favorite obscure Beatles song?

1. What's the New Mary Jane?
2. Gnik Nus
3. Come And Get It
4. Not Guilty
5. Junk
6. All Things Must Pass
7. Step Inside Love/Los Paranoias
8. Dig A Pony
9. Teddy Boy
10. Old Brown Shoe
11. Hey, Bulldog
12. Only A Northern Song
13. Think For Yourself
14. All Together Now
15. Rain
16. Inner Light

[Tyroc]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

11. Hey, Bulldog

--------------------

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

That song has some deliberate and unapologetically heavy guitar, which I enjoy, but it isn't my favorite selection (this week).

[Policy Pam]

--------------------
~Integritas~

Exnihil

1. What's the New Mary Jane?

(She like to be married with yeti, he grooving such cooky spaghetti)

--------------------

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Unfortunately, she had a pain and had to leave the list early.

Another guess?

--------------------
~Integritas~

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
3. Come And Get It
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 135 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  ...  133  134  135   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.