Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four (Page 53)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I. Sat down for a 13 course meal that cost almost $100 per head.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
A. Travelled on a yacht
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
B. Been to a golf course

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
Happy Birthday Dev Em! I have done them all, except, A. Travelled on a yacht. Cobie got it first so it's his question next.

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds like you're living the high life! [Smile]

Okay: I go to all these reinsurance conferences every year where thousands of executives attend. Because the reinsurance/insurance industry has tons of money they get some really fantastic key note speakers. Which is a speaker I have not seen before? (These are all speakers with economic / political ties).

(A) Colin Powell
(B) Bill Clinton
(C) Malcolm Gladwell
(D) Paul Volcker
(E) Hank Greenberg
(F) Hank Paulson
(G) Michael Lewis
(H) Condoleezza Rice

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Oooh I bet there were some good speeches in there!

(H) Condoleezza Rice

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
(A) Colin Powell

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
(B) Bill Clinton

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
(E) Hank Greenberg
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
(H) Condoleezza Rice
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
(D) Paul Volcker

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
(F) Hank Paulson

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I’ve seen some great speakers:

Hank Paulson – very interesting speaker and of course, the topic was the bailouts and how close we were to financial collapse. I do believe he tried to do the right thing and we were much closer to collapse as a worldwide economy that is reported even today.

Paul Volcker – I was just a kid during the Regan years so I only know of his importance through reputation and history (though now he’s made a return to prominence), but he was another fascinating speaker on the economy. A really brilliant guy. And a brilliant move by Obama to bring him in.

Hank Greenberg – some people in the insurance industry actually admire Greenberg, but I revile him. He’s the ultimate mega-crook, who basically set-up AIG to be what it was and then was kicked out, so when AIG went down he made it seem like he had nothing to do with it. Yeah right. *Everyone* who works in reinsurance or insurance knows Hank “cooks the books”; he’s become a legend at it. But he’s basically untouchable. He’s also known to be incredible mean to people in meetings and who work for him.

Bill Clinton – this was a real pleasure. I had heard from someone who had met him prior to his Presidency that when you met Clinton you automatically knew “he was the smartest guy in the room”. That still holds up—Clinton is incredible smart, and just an amazing speaker. He was in a room full of conservatives and by the end of his speech he had a standing ovation. He’s just that likeable.

Colin Powell – Another great speaker who I’m thrilled I got to see. He’s equal parts smart and loyal to doing what’s right for this country. Someone asked him in the Q&A section if he could run for President (this was a few years before Obama). He smiled and said no, he never would, because he’s not political…he only wants to do what’s right for the country and would work for any Republican or Democratic President if they gave him the call.

*Extra* - Malcolm Gladwell – this is the best speaker I’ve ever seen. The writer “Outliers” and other highly important books on social economics, he might be the most brilliant person I’ve ever met face to face. I recommend everyone google him and read up.

And so…Blacula had it right off the bat:

Condoleeza Rice – I have never seen Condi in person, but actually will be doing so this November in San Antonio. I’m curious as to what she has to say. I suspect given her age, she’s preparing to resurrect her career for one more go in the coming years.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^^^ Cool stories CK. I've got friends who've met Bill Clinton and have had similar stories about his charisma/dynamism. Would love to hear Malcolm Gladwell speak too. I haven't read any of his books yet but they're at the top of my 'Must Read' pile.

OK here's one about me...

A few years ago I found out that I (might) have which sordid ancestor in my family tree -

* A blood-thirsty pirate captain who went down with his ship
* A Satanist who performed human sacrifices
* A Nazi who went on trial at Nuremberg
* A notorious turn-of-the-century murderess who drowned her children
* A child-thief who stole an apple and was shipped off to the colonies for his horrible crime
* A World War I deserter who was executed for his 'cowardice'
* A slave-owner in the Caribbean
* A 1930s Chicago gangster
* An 18th century highwayman who was killed when he fell off his horse
* The man who discovered Billy Ray Cyrus

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
* A 1930s Chicago gangster

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.