Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Rock, Paper, Scissors, Escalation (Page 52)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 63 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  61  62  63   
Author Topic: Rock, Paper, Scissors, Escalation
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Leland McCauley and R.J. Brande are killed off by Geoff Johns
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Geoff Johns is snubbed at the Eisners when the award goes to some manga with boys smooching instead.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
"Boys Smooching" loses out to "Vampire Weekend" in a USA Today poll for "Silliest Band Name of 2008"

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Vampire Weekend is thrashed at the 2009 Grammies when ill-gotten Time Bubble tech brings back Qypthone.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Qypthone lead singer is sued for trademark infringement for stealing Bobby Conn's hairstyle.

(Side note: Utter Awesomeness at 2:08 - 2:11. You're welcome.)

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

cleome46

Bobby Conn quits the biz after even the Substitute Substitute Legion and Ambush Bug declare him "just too damn freaking weird."

--------------------

Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Grant Morrison writes a 52-issue Ambush Bug arc that serves as the backbone of all DC comic continuity It's so damned confusing people give up comics forever, taking up Shakespeare and Dostoevsky for light escapist reading.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Morrison covers "Notes from an Undeground" in a one-word graphic novel and births New Lemmingnism.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

New Lemmingnism fails to win over as many converts as the Church of Calvin & Hobbes.

(With apologies to whoever I stole that idea from;I've already forgotten.)

[ January 13, 2009, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------

Exnihil

The Church of Calvin & Hobbes, long advocates of a "Get Rid of Slimy girlS" policy, is protested by the National Organization of Women.

--------------------

cleome46

NOW shows up for the inauguration dressed like the "New, Improved" Mary Marvel, and is forcibly disbanded by the FCC.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The FCC is attacked by thousands of people who didn't realize that the digital TV switch was going to affect them.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
As part of the stimulus plan, phase III, President Obama issues a new digital TV to everybody in America.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

President Obama's TV giveaway causes Americans to go insane en masse from the endless barrage of painfully bad half-hour infomercials. In the ensuing riots, the U.S. Government is overthrown by angry mobs and a triumvirate of radio pundits assumes nationwide rule.

[ February 20, 2009, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------

Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Pharmaceutical giant, Eli Lily, introduces Calmestra, the first FDA approved drug that totally cures insanity. The riots end, order is restored and the pundits are sent packing.
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 63 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  61  62  63   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.