Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four (Page 51)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The "Know Your Legion Worlders" Game Round Four
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
(6) It wasn't scary enough

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
(4) The overly dramatic teen romance is lame to me

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
lol, my wife made me watch it too. I also got the "trill" of listening to the audiobooks...way too much purple prose for me...anyways,

(1) Kristen Stewart as Bella

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
(2) Edward Cullen, the Vampire (and the kid who is really famous now for playing him)

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
(8) The other Cullen vampires
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay:

- I didn't mind the special effects at all and think they did a good job. The CGI looked very good considering it was CGI.

- I wasn't bothered by the lack of scariness going in because I figured ahead of time, and after watching the first Twilight, I wouldn't be scared at all. And of course, the movie wasn't really scary at all.

- I also didn't mind the overly dramatic teen romance angle as I know from the first one that's what this would be all about. Every so often I indulge the inner teen me in this to harken back to the old feelings of teen yearning. And boy, the Twilight series has that in spades.

- Love Kristen Stewart, and am totally crushing on her. More so in Twilight but this was good too. I have no great spot in my heart for Bella and who should play her so I like Kristen in this. I know many other people revile her but I think she accomplishes precisely what she and the director(s) set out to do.

- I like the character Edward but I recognize its more wishful thinking on the author's part that a character could ever exist like that. In other words, Edward isn't exactly the most in depth character ever. So in that sense, I think the actor does a good job actually making him seem more real to me. So I appreciate what the actor is doing--teenage girls worldwide screaming his name beside the point.

- The other Cullen vampires I think do a pretty solid job. They're not quite in it that much. I like the sister Alice a real lot, and think the actress who plays her is totally hot. They aren't my favorite part of the movie but I don't mind them.

So, no one has it yet...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
So I just watched "New Moon" today with my wife. I read the first Twilight book a year ago but never have been inclined to read the rest. I liked the film enough to feel satisfied for watching it, but it certainly wasn't one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

What was something about the film that I really didn't enjoy watching (on a purely subjective basis of my own tastes):

(1) Kristen Stewart as Bella
(2) Edward Cullen, the Vampire (and the kid who is really famous now for playing him)

(3) The werewolf kid
(4) The overly dramatic teen romance is lame to me
(5) It was too scary
(6) It wasn't scary enough
(7) Special effects
(8) The other Cullen vampires

3) The werewolf kid

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Just cause...(5) It was too scary.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

[LOL] on the too scary part.

Quis has it! For whatever reason, I really can't stand the werewolf kid. It's not really fair, because I learned he's only like 17 or 18 in real life. So that's probably it...he just seemed very immature to me, kind of like a lost puppy who couldn't compete with the vampire. I'm a horror buff but I have no great favorite among vampires or werewolves (much preferring creatures from black lagoons and such), but Jacob really just isn't even on the same playing field as Edward, and neither is the actor.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I have gotten a part-time temporary job being an Enumerator for the Census. When do I have to report to work today?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

2:00 PM
Dev - Em
KIA

4 A.M.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

It was not 2pm or 4 am

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

5 A.M.

Are we talking an exact time, cause in theory...it could be any time. Anything to narrow it a bit?

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

5 am is not correct.

It is an exact time and there are no minutes involved.

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.